When did you start using Linux-Systems and why you still do?

Einfach Dinge, die nichts mit XAMPP, Apache Friends, Apache, MySQL, PHP und alle dem zu tun haben. Allerlei halt. ;)

When did you start using Linux-Systems and why you still do?

Postby unleash_it » 07. February 2020 15:50

I met Linux at the turn of the millennium. The first distro was a Suse /later OpenSuse that ran at a gateway to my workplace at that time. It was a tool for gaining experience. Only Suse was the name in 2000 or so. It was a very popular distribution in Germay.
I got to know Debian later. Then came some time with Ubuntu & Mint years ago, later last year Manjaro and Antergos. I heard about Antix at that time, and I thought it was promising, but I just got to the point of installing it on a regular machine - a little notebook that i bought from MEDION - a German Supermarket.

regarding Ubuntu: I must say, Mint and Ubuntu was quite very disappointing. Following friend's advice, I started with Ubuntu 10.04 in dual-boot with Windows. I also tried XFCE, KDE flavours..

MX is really one of the most impressing experiences:

When it to the terms of lightness, usabillity, speed, airiness i am convinced - Lightness and the ability to run it even on older machines - these are the words I first thought about MX Linux. I have several old notebooks on which MX Linux without systemd starts like lightning. Everything has what it takes, and developers have added some useful tools that aren't in other distributions.

note; I run Raspberry Pi and orange &/Banana Pi with Raspbian or Armbian Systems (that's another story).
and i have used various Linux LiveUSBs (x64 and i386) on various systems including various notebooks and older pc-systems.

whats your story !? :D
Interessen: Bikes & steel frames: Linux & SBC https://www.allaboutcircuits.com :: die neuen Knowledge-Base: AFFiNE: There can be more than Notion and Miro. auf affine.pro :: WordPress Entwicklung - sic: make.wordpress.org/core/
unleash_it

Operating System: linux opensuse 12.1

Re: When did you start using Linux-Systems and why you still

Postby Mariah1902 » 06. March 2020 14:29

I have never used Linux. Windows has always been my friend. Should I change?, should I give Linux a try?. What do you think?
Graphic Designer at clipping path service
Mariah1902

XAMPP version: qshey90
Operating System: windows 10 pro

Return to Allerlei