Change my Forum password

Allgemeines Forum zum Thema Apache Friends. Bei Problemen mit XAMPP bitte entweder das Linux- oder das Windows-Forum benutzen. Hier geht's wirklich nur ganz allgemein um Apache Friends.

Change my Forum password

Postby hypGnosis » 07. January 2020 22:57

yesterday I logged in using my password that I've had since 2013. Today my password was no longer valid; and I did the 'forgot password' routine; got the email; copied & pasted the password from that email so I could log into the Forum.
The emailed password is in a sans-serif font, which makes the numeral one indistinguishable for an uppercase "I" or a lowercase "l". (3 possibilities)

I want to change my password to something that's a bit easier for me to use; but looking in my 'Profile' I cannot find anywhere to accomplish this simple task.

Also, I am interested in/ have some questions about OpenOffice Base. Yesterday I found it, but today, most of the Forum(s) are in the German language.
How do I navigate to the OpenOffice Forum(s) that I saw yesterday?
hypGnosis

XAMPP version: v3.2.2
Operating System: win 10

Re: Change my Forum password

Postby nemesis » 07. January 2020 23:32

hypGnosis wrote:... got the email; copied & pasted the password from that email so I could log into the Forum.
The emailed password is in a sans-serif font, which makes the numeral one indistinguishable for an uppercase "I" or a lowercase "l". (3 possibilities)

I want to change my password to something that's a bit easier for me to use; but looking in my 'Profile' I cannot find anywhere to accomplish this simple task.

Also, I am interested in/ have some questions about OpenOffice Base. Yesterday I found it, but today, most of the Forum(s) are in the German language.
How do I navigate to the OpenOffice Forum(s) that I saw yesterday?

You can copy&paste the emailed password to your favorite text editor with an antiqua font.
https://blog.druckportal.de/die-trajan-schrift-roemischer-stolz-gepaart-mit-zeitloser-eleganz/
112 A.D.
We have no forum here for office programs.
Ubuntu 18.04 | SMP P3 1.4 GHz | 6 GByte RegECC | 74 GByte Seagate 15k5 system | 3Ware 9550SXU-4LP with 4x 500 GByte Seagate ES2 Raid 10 data | StoreCase DE400 | PX-230A | Intel Pro/1000MT Dual PCI-X
nemesis
AF Moderator

XAMPP version: depends
Operating System: Linux, BSD, Win, iOS, Android

Postby hypGnosis » 08. January 2020 01:24

Nemesis, thank you for your prompt reply!

The hint to change the password's font worked wonderfully well. I used Times-Roman to get the desired result.

- and -

I eventually found the User Control Profile > Profile tab > edit account settings to enable pwd change.

Since Apache became involved with OpenOffice, I had (mistakenly) clicked on my bookmark for "Apache Friends Support Forum".

I have since added the correct bookmark for "Apache OpenOffice Community Forum".
https://forum.openoffice.org/en/forum/index.php
hypGnosis

XAMPP version: v3.2.2
Operating System: win 10

Postby nemesis » 08. January 2020 09:46

No Problem.
Just a hint: I think more people develope on the LibreOffice fork of OpenOffice.
Ubuntu 18.04 | SMP P3 1.4 GHz | 6 GByte RegECC | 74 GByte Seagate 15k5 system | 3Ware 9550SXU-4LP with 4x 500 GByte Seagate ES2 Raid 10 data | StoreCase DE400 | PX-230A | Intel Pro/1000MT Dual PCI-X
nemesis
AF Moderator

XAMPP version: depends
Operating System: Linux, BSD, Win, iOS, Android

Return to Apache Friends