Can not log in with Xampp created email on Office 2016

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

Can not log in with Xampp created email on Office 2016

Postby shazsmith » 12. October 2019 10:54

For the last few years, at the local community college, I have used Xampp Mercury module to create a simple local email server for my classroom workshops on Outlook.

Outlook 2010 and Outlook 2013 had no problems logging in with email accounts create with Xampp Mercury module. However, as the years move one, companies are using latest versions of Outlook now. My problem is now I have to teach my students how to use Outlook 2016 and Outlook 2019, but every time I try to add a email account made from Mercury module, Outlook refuses to log in.
I receive a error message "We couldn't connect to the incoming (Email Protocol) server using the specified encryption method. Please check the incoming (Email Protocol) server encryption method and try again.".
I have tried every method and still get the same result.

I would like to know what I could be doing wrong or have recommendations of other freeware I could use to create a small email server just so my students can do their practical exercises in class.
shazsmith

XAMPP version: 7.3.10.0
Operating System: Windows 10

Return to XAMPP for Windows