Account is currently not available, mariadb

Problems with the Linux version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

Account is currently not available, mariadb

Postby vladutb » 19. September 2019 14:16

Hello everyone !
I'm a French student that needs to setup a groupware for my final exam, and I've encountered a little problem with mariaDB. I just hope this is the right section to post this,because I've tried to find the right place to post this, been looking for a forum to help me for an hour. Sorry if this Isn't the right place. (sorry for english mistakes..)

I'm trying to install the groupware for my first time, and its on debian 9.
The groupware I've decided to install is : SOGo

I've started with installing it first, then installing apache2, and mariaDB. ( I'm just following a tutorial on google)
After I've created my mariadb's user, and configured it out, and now I have to switch to the user I've just created, to type some commands. But cant switch to it.
If you can help me out..that'll be awesome

This is what I've did until now :

Code: Select all

su

# change sources.list
echo '# sogo:' >> /etc/apt/sources.list
echo 'deb http://inverse.ca/debian squeeze squeeze' >> /etc/apt/sources.list
apt-key adv --keyserver keys.gnupg.net --recv-key 0x810273C4
apt-get update

# install programs
apt-get install sogo mariaDB-server memcached rpl
/etc/init.d/mysql restart

# this is because of IPv6 errors
rpl '127.0.0.1' localhost /etc/memcached.conf
/etc/init.d/memcached restart

------start mariaDB------

CREATE DATABASE sogo CHARSET='UTF8';
CREATE USER 'sogo'@'localhost' IDENTIFIED BY 'secret';
GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON sogo.* TO 'sogo'@'localhost';
USE sogo;
CREATE TABLE sogo_users (c_uid VARCHAR(10) PRIMARY KEY, c_name VARCHAR(10), c_password VARCHAR(32), c_cn VARCHAR(128), mail VARCHAR(128));
INSERT INTO sogo_users VALUES ('paul', 'paul', MD5('zxc'), 'Paul Example', 'paul@example.com');
INSERT INTO sogo_users VALUES ('piet', 'piet', MD5('zxc'), 'Piet Jansen', 'piet@example.com');
INSERT INTO sogo_users VALUES ('klaas', 'klaas', MD5('zxc'), 'Klaas van der Zee', 'klaas@example.com');
flush privileges;
exit
----end mysql--------

# add some apache modules
a2enmod proxy
a2enmod proxy_http
a2enmod headers
a2enmod rewrite

/etc/init.d/apache2 restart

And now it says that I need to switch to user "sogo" but the account is not available apparently.
su sogo
This account is currently not available.

I have to type the following commands with the user sogo :
Code: Select all
su sogo
defaults write sogod SOGoTimeZone "Europe/Amsterdam"
defaults write sogod SOGoMailDomain "example.com"
defaults write sogod SOGoLanguage "Dutch"
defaults write sogod SOGoUserSources '({canAuthenticate = YES; displayName = "SOGo Users"; id = users; isAddressBook = YES; type = sql; userPasswordAlgorithm = md5; viewURL ="mysql://sogo:secret@127.0.0.1:3306/sogo/sogo_users";})'
defaults write sogod SOGoProfileURL 'mysql://sogo:secret@127.0.0.1:3306/sogo/sogo_user_profile'
defaults write sogod OCSFolderInfoURL 'mysql://sogo:secret@127.0.0.1:3306/sogo/sogo_folder_info'
defaults write sogod OCSSessionsFolderURL 'mysql://sogo:secret@127.0.0.1:3306/sogo/sogo_sessions_folder'
defaults write sogod SOGoAppointmentSendEMailNotifications YES
defaults write sogod SOGoLoginModule Calendar
defaults write sogod SOGoSieveScriptsEnabled YES

If anyone knows what the problem is and how do I switch to that user, please let me know ! :cry:
vladutb

Operating System: Debian

Re: Account is currently not available, mariadb

Postby Nobbie » 20. September 2019 11:22

"su sogo"

requires a user "sogo" in your Debian environment. I cannot see where you created such a user, therefore you get an error message. Ask the author of the documentation, where user sogo has to be created (or simply create one).

Actually, as you dont use Xampp for Linux, this is not the right forum for you. I have no idea what SOGo is.
Nobbie

Postby vladutb » 20. September 2019 12:34

Thanks a lot for you answer ! Yes I know it was probably not the right place to post this but haven’t found the right forum to ask about it..
SOGo it's a groupware that I have installed for linux/debian.

I have tried to do "su sogo" but couldn’t due to his password I believe. Can't even set a new password for that user, so I had to remove it from /etc/passwd.
It shouldn’t be like this, but works for now so..I'll keep it like this until I found a solution.

Thanks again for your answer and sorry for posting in the wrong section ! Have a great day !
vladutb

Postby Nobbie » 20. September 2019 13:44

You can create/modify/delete any user with the help of "useradd/usermod/userdel" command. DO NOT EDIT /etc/passwd (or /etc/shadow) manually!!
Nobbie

Postby vladutb » 20. September 2019 15:02

Nobbie wrote:You can create/modify/delete any user with the help of "useradd/usermod/userdel" command. DO NOT EDIT /etc/passwd (or /etc/shadow) manually!!

Ow..damn. I did the bad thing then. I will try that. Thank you once again !
vladutb

Return to XAMPP for Linux