Error starting "XAMPP stack

Problems with the Mac OS X version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

Re: Error starting "XAMPP stack

Postby Beltran » 08. December 2017 10:03

You can download the latest version that also includes this fix https://www.apachefriends.org/download.html
Beltran
Power-User

XAMPP version: 10
Operating System: Windows, Linux, OS X

Postby smab70 » 18. January 2018 00:12

juanjo wrote:Hi, I apologize for the delay getting back to you and for the issues caused. The problem seems to be related to some changes introduced in latest versions of macOS. We are working on a new build. We will post it here later today and work on an official release if that solves the issue.

13"MBPr (mid 2014)
MacOSX Sierra 10.12.6
XAMPP 7.2.0-0

Error message in Log:

Starting all servers...
Starting MySQL Database...

Starting ProFTPD...
Exit code: 8
Stdout:
Checking syntax of configuration file
proftpd config test fails, aborting
Stderr:
Stevens-MBP proftpd[25515]: warning: unable to determine IP address of 'Stevens-MBP'
Stevens-MBP proftpd[25515]: error: no valid servers configured
Stevens-MBP proftpd[25515]: Fatal: error processing configuration file '/Applications/XAMPP/xamppfiles/etc/proftpd.conf'

MySQL Database permanently stopped
ProFTPD permanently stopped
Apache Web Server Running

I try restarting all:

Stopping all servers...
Stopping Apache Web Server...
/Applications/XAMPP/xamppfiles/apache2/scripts/ctl.sh : httpd stopped
Restarting all servers...

Starting Apache Web Server...
/Applications/XAMPP/xamppfiles/apache2/scripts/ctl.sh : httpd started
Starting ProFTPD...
Stdout:
Stderr:
Stevens-MBP proftpd[26184]: warning: unable to determine IP address of 'Stevens-MBP'
Stevens-MBP proftpd[26184]: error: no valid servers configured
Stevens-MBP proftpd[26184]: Fatal: error processing configuration file '/Applications/XAMPP/xamppfiles/etc/proftpd.conf'

I am so over this if I can't get a sensible solution to this been 8 days no support been posting on various Apache forms and not 1 reply to help. I have a Prestashop project to do in now 5 days where I had 8-9 days trying just to get XAMPP to work.

I am so annoyed and seriously now will never use this software again if can't even get a I DON'T KNOW WHAT IS WRONG from Apache or there's a bug OR SOMETHING!

This will seriously also cause me to fail my course unless I give up on XAMPP and go the MAMP route.
But we wer told to use XAMPP so here I am with this nonsense software that no-one seems to support :(
smab70

XAMPP version: 7.2.0
Operating System: MacOSX 10.12.6

Postby Nobbie » 19. January 2018 12:01

There is nothing wrong with Apache (what makes you believe that?). Apache is running, MySQL is running. There is a problem with FTP Server, but that is not important, simply open your browser and enter http://localhost. You should see a dashboard screen from Xampp.
Nobbie

Postby little_mice » 08. February 2018 19:35

smab70 wrote:
juanjo wrote:Hi, I apologize for the delay getting back to you and for the issues caused. The problem seems to be related to some changes introduced in latest versions of macOS. We are working on a new build. We will post it here later today and work on an official release if that solves the issue.

13"MBPr (mid 2014)
MacOSX Sierra 10.12.6
XAMPP 7.2.0-0

Error message in Log:

Starting all servers...

Starting ProFTPD...
Stdout:
Stderr:
Stevens-MBP proftpd[25515]: warning: unable to determine IP address of 'Stevens-MBP'
Stevens-MBP proftpd[25515]: error: no valid servers configured
Stevens-MBP proftpd[25515]: Fatal: error processing configuration file '/Applications/XAMPP/xamppfiles/etc/proftpd.conf'

MySQL Database permanently stopped
ProFTPD permanently stopped
Apache Web Server Running

I try restarting all:

Stopping all servers...
Stopping Apache Web Server...
/Applications/XAMPP/xamppfiles/apache2/scripts/ctl.sh : httpd stopped
Restarting all servers...

Starting Apache Web Server...
/Applications/XAMPP/xamppfiles/apache2/scripts/ctl.sh : httpd started
Starting ProFTPD...
Stdout:
Stderr:
Stevens-MBP proftpd[26184]: warning: unable to determine IP address of 'Stevens-MBP'
Stevens-MBP proftpd[26184]: error: no valid servers configured
Stevens-MBP proftpd[26184]: Fatal: error processing configuration file '/Applications/XAMPP/xamppfiles/etc/proftpd.conf'

I am so over this if I can't get a sensible solution to this been 8 days no support been posting on various Apache forms and not 1 reply to help. I have a Prestashop project to do in now 5 days where I had 8-9 days trying just to get XAMPP to work.

I am so annoyed and seriously now will never use this software again if can't even get a I DON'T KNOW WHAT IS WRONG from Apache or there's a bug OR SOMETHING!

This will seriously also cause me to fail my course unless I give up on XAMPP and go the MAMP route.
But we wer told to use XAMPP so here I am with this nonsense software that no-one seems to support :(

Hello smab. I would like to know if you were able to solve such problem since I'm also having the same one too :( this is quite disappointing because I've just installed XAMPP and it seems incredible to me that after being installed and run it for first it throws an error.
I would be very glad if you could give me a hint to solve this
Thanks!!! :)
little_mice

XAMPP version: 7.2.1-0
Operating System: MacOs Sierra 10.12.6

Postby Dekari » 18. November 2020 07:06

Hello all,

reinstalling xampp-osx-7.4.12-0-vm works like a charm and no data is lost.

In case you have "Error starting "XAMPP" stack - cannot calculate MAC address: signal: killed"

Do the following:

1) close XAMPP app
2) open a terminal
3) Remove hyperkit file
Code: Select all
rm ~/.bitnami/stackman/helpers/hyperkit

4) Start XAMPP again.
Dekari

XAMPP version: 7.4.12-0
Operating System: Mac OS Big Sur

Previous

Return to XAMPP for macOS