How to increase memory of hyperkit stack?

Problems with the Mac OS X version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

How to increase memory of hyperkit stack?

Postby mediashowroom » 24. December 2017 11:29

I'm trying to use XAMPP VM together with a Symfony 2.8 installation. Each time I try to run Symfony scripts my stack runs out of memory.

Now my question: How can I increase the amount of memory for stackman / hyperkit?

Here's the output of the command line XAMPP uses to start hyperkit:

Code: Select all
/Users/renepoepperl/.bitnami/stackman/helpers/hyperkit -A -H -U FEC2108D-7E26-4B06-909F-9C7BE437F441 -c 1 -m 1024M -s 0:0,hostbridge -s 31,lpc -l com1,autopty=/Users/renepoepperl/.bitnami/stackman/machines/xampp/tmp/tty,log=/Users/renepoepperl/.bitnami/stackman/machines/xampp/log/boot.log -s 2:0,virtio-net -F /Users/renepoepperl/.bitnami/stackman/machines/xampp/tmp/machine.pid -s 4:0,virtio-blk,file:///Users/renepoepperl/.bitnami/stackman/machines/xampp/vm/machine.qcow2?sync=os&buffered=1,format=qcow,qcow-config=discard=true;compact_after_unmaps=0;keep_erased=0;runtime_asserts=false -f kexec,/Users/renepoepperl/.bitnami/stackman/machines/xampp/vm/vmlinuz,/Users/renepoepperl/.bitnami/stackman/machines/xampp/vm/initrd.img,earlyprintk=serial console=ttyS0 root=/dev/vda1

This command line shows the memory setting:
Code: Select all
-m 1024M
How can I increase this value?

Thx in advance.
mediashowroom

XAMPP version: 7.1.11
Operating System: macOS 10.12.6

Return to XAMPP for macOS