PHPMyadmin access and other issues

Problems with the Mac OS X version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

PHPMyadmin access and other issues

Postby ag6012 » 29. November 2017 11:59

Hello,

I set a password for mysql directly through PHPMyAdmin. This caused me to no longer be able to access PHPMyAdmin, saying:

#1045 - Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: NO)

I then searched on google and found that to allows access, I need to change the config.inc.php file. However, I do not have permission to do so. I then searched how to gain permission. To do this, the web says to use console commands to first reach the root path. For example, this path:

/Applications/XAMPP/xamppfiles/xampp

I get the error that this path does not exist.

It seems this path simply does not exist on my mac. I can follow to Applications/XAMPP.app, but it ends there. My question is, how can I change my password again or change config.inc.php so I can access PHPMyadmin.

I have been searching for four hours already for solutions, and am totally stuck.
Thanks for your help, :)
ag6012

XAMPP version: 7.1.11
Operating System: macOS Sierra

Re: PHPMyadmin access and other issues

Postby Nobbie » 01. December 2017 14:41

Dont use the XAMPP-VM (VirtualMachin) installer, use one of the other 3(!) downloads. The VirtualMachine installs not into your filesystem.
Nobbie

Re: PHPMyadmin access and other issues

Postby Beltran » 08. December 2017 10:16

If you are using XAMPP VM, the path to the phpMyAdmin folder is "/opt/lampp/phpmyadmin" and you can modify the file mounting the Volume "/opt/lampp" folder.
Beltran
Power-User

XAMPP version: 10
Operating System: Windows, Linux, OS X

Return to XAMPP for macOS