Facing Problem while installing Mutillidae

Allgemeines Forum zum Thema Apache Friends. Bei Problemen mit XAMPP bitte entweder das Linux- oder das Windows-Forum benutzen. Hier geht's wirklich nur ganz allgemein um Apache Friends.

Facing Problem while installing Mutillidae

Postby Ashutosh4336 » 06. September 2017 20:40

Hi is there any one here can help me out from this problem I am trying to install "Mutillidae" but there are so many errors are showing i ahve tried ro sort it out on my own but i couldn't so i am here for a little help :( any one :?:
Ashutosh4336

XAMPP version: 3.2.2
Operating System: windows, linux

Re: Facing Problem while installing Mutillidae

Postby Nobbie » 07. September 2017 09:30

This the wrong forum, but anyway, i downloaded "OWASP Mutillidae II" from Sourceforge, unzipped the ZIP file, copied the folder "mutillieda" to the htdocs folder of Xampp and then entered http://127.0.0.1/mutilllidae into the browser.

That results in an error page which shows up and told something about Database problems, there was a link on that page to setup / reset the database, i simply clicked on that link, it took a while and tons of informational messages were shown about creation of an mutillidae database, finally a message box popped up and i clicked "Ok" in that box, and then the Mutillidae Menu shows up in the browser. I used Linux and Xampp 7.1.1 (there is no 3.2.2, please provide correct information about your environment). That wasnt difficult nor many error messages.

What did you do exactly, which errors did you receive and how did you react?
Nobbie

Postby Ashutosh4336 » 08. September 2017 00:48

Hi thanks for the response
i got several error message I am pasting all the error message

HTML 5 Local and Session Storage cleared unless error popped-up already.

Warning: mysqli::__construct(): (HY000/1045): Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: NO) in C:\xampp\htdocs\mutillidae\classes\MySQLHandler.php on line 104

Warning: mysqli::__construct(): (HY000/1045): Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: NO) in C:\xampp\htdocs\mutillidae\classes\MySQLHandler.php on line 111

Notice: Undefined variable: SAMURAI_WTF_PASSWORD in C:\xampp\htdocs\mutillidae\classes\MySQLHandler.php on line 113

Fatal error: Uncaught ArgumentCountError: Too few arguments to function CustomErrorHandler::getExceptionMessage(), 1 passed in C:\xampp\htdocs\mutillidae\classes\MySQLHandler.php on line 120 and exactly 2 expected in C:\xampp\htdocs\mutillidae\classes\CustomErrorHandler.php:134 Stack trace: #0 C:\xampp\htdocs\mutillidae\classes\MySQLHandler.php(120): CustomErrorHandler->getExceptionMessage(Object(Exception)) #1 C:\xampp\htdocs\mutillidae\classes\MySQLHandler.php(191): MySQLHandler->doOpenDatabaseConnection() #2 C:\xampp\htdocs\mutillidae\set-up-database.php(36): MySQLHandler->__construct('owasp-esapi-php...', '0') #3 {main} thrown in C:\xampp\htdocs\mutillidae\classes\CustomErrorHandler.php on line 134

N.B:-when i installed the xampp server the default port 80 was busy so set it to 1234 & & edited the password of phpMyAdmin file "config.inc.php" to my name as password

Thanks for the support & for response
Ashutosh4336

XAMPP version: 3.2.2
Operating System: windows, linux

Postby Nobbie » 09. September 2017 09:23

Ashutosh4336 wrote:N.B:-when i installed the xampp server the default port 80 was busy so set it to 1234

Thats a pretty bad idea, instead find out the blocking process and stop it. Port 80 is meant for HTTP. I cannot reproduce any of these errors, you should ask in Mutillidae forum, we cannot provide third support here. My installation did not went wrong, thats all i could do for you. I dont know anything about Mutillidae and havent ever seen it before.

Ashutosh4336 wrote:edited the password of phpMyAdmin file "config.inc.php" to my name as password

That is ok for phpmyadmin, but it does not help Mutillidae. You of course have to apply your data to Mutillidae configuration as well (and the error messages above shows, that you did not do that). Dont ask my where to put all that stuff, as already said, i dont know Mutillidae.

P.S.: I think its a bad idea that you changed the passwords and user of MySQL. I installed Mutillidae into a fresh Xampp "out of the box" without any changes and it worked. I think that all problems are due to your changes.
Nobbie

Postby Arielma10 » 11. January 2022 06:06

Nobbie wrote:This the wrong forum, but anyway, i downloaded "OWASP Mutillidae II" from Sourceforge, unzipped the ZIP file, copied the folder "mutillieda" to the htdocs folder of Xampp and then entered http://127.0.0.1/mutilllidae into the browser.

That results in an error page which shows up and told something about Database problems, there was a link on that page to setup / reset the database, i simply clicked on that link, it took a while and tons of informational messages were shown about creation of an mutillidae database https://www.comparateur-mutuelle-assurance-sante.com/mutuelle-travailleur-independant , finally a message box popped up and i clicked "Ok" in that box, and then the Mutillidae Menu shows up in the browser. I used Linux and Xampp 7.1.1 (there is no 3.2.2, please provide correct information about your environment). That wasnt difficult nor many error messages.

What did you do exactly, which errors did you receive and how did you react?

Thank you very much for that info. I haven't been able to use my tool for a long time. Now I have something to reactivate it.
Arielma10

XAMPP version: 3
Operating System: windows

Return to Apache Friends