New XAMPP-VM idea for the Mac

Problems with the Mac OS X version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

Re: New XAMPP-VM idea for the Mac

Postby johanolt1234 » 10. July 2017 20:26

Same problem with my mid 2010 MacBook Pro and lastest XAMPP-VM.

"cannot calculate MAC address"

Any suggestions?
johanolt1234

XAMPP version: 716
Operating System: OSX 10.11.6

Postby Beltran » 12. July 2017 11:44

The issue is we use hyperkit for the XAMPP-VM. These are the requirements for this platform:

- OS X 10.10.3 Yosemite or later
    - a 2010 or later Mac (i.e. a CPU that supports EPT)

Unfortunately you can not use XAMPP-VM but you can use the regular OS X native installer available at https://www.apachefriends.org/download.html
Beltran
Power-User

XAMPP version: 10
Operating System: Windows, Linux, OS X

Postby Nobbie » 13. July 2017 09:28

Due to the numerous erros occuring with this Hyperkit, i would not deliver any more that installation. Its impossible to support all the people having all kind of problems. There is a native Xampp OSX release and thats fine.
Nobbie

Postby Beltran » 13. July 2017 18:17

Hi, we will add a specific error for the MacOS that does not support EPT in the next version. In those cases, the error message will inform the user that the regular installers are available in the apachefriends.org page and they are supported in his platform. We think that will fix all these issues for users that try to install XAMPP-VM in a non supported platform.
Beltran
Power-User

Postby Cristiane » 27. July 2017 23:42

Good evening!
I installed Xampp, but I can not see or save content in the htdocs folder. It simply goes blank. I followed all the steps described here on the site, but it does not work and I also uninstalled a few times without any hassle. What do I do? :cry:
Cristiane

XAMPP version: 7.1.7
Operating System: OS X

Postby Jim B » 26. August 2017 16:30

I also couldn't install from XAMPP-VM-osx-7.1.8-0-preview-1.dmg. Same problem as others are reporting in this thread: cannot calculate MAC address to assign IP address. I'm on an early 2011 MacBook Pro running OSX Sierra 10.12.6.

The Bitnami installer xampp-osx-7.1.8-0-installer.dmg works fine for me. Given the number of people who've reported problems with this, I'd suggest you consider making that the featured installer for Mac users at https://www.apachefriends.org/index.html, rather than the VM version, and/or make some prominent mention of the problems. Others might not have the patience/persistence to search the Forums, to figure out how to get past the problem. Thanks.
Jim B

XAMPP version: osx-7.1.8
Operating System: OSX Sierra 10.12.6

Postby tsedendamba » 16. September 2017 05:24

This is great job guys.
I need one important thing. That is git or other version control systems.
Thank you.
tsedendamba

XAMPP version: 7.1.8
Operating System: mac

Not starting on my Mac (os x 10.9.5)

Postby charled » 25. October 2017 14:09

Hi everyone,

I tried to use xampp for Mac but had a problem with htdocs permissions. So I'm trying to use xampp-vm. I uninstalled xampp and installed xampp-vm.

When launching, the only buttons working are on general panel : start, visit ApacheFrieds and GetSupport. Statuts is red and IP adress is empty.

When clicking on start, I get an error : "Error starting "XAMPP" stack.

In the log :
INFO: Starting "XAMPP" stack
ERROR: Error starting "XAMPP" stack: cannot calculate MAC address: dyld: Library not loaded: /System/Library/Frameworks/Hypervisor.framework/Versions/A/Hypervisor
Referenced from: /Users/pro/.bitnami/stackman/helpers/hyperkit
Reason: image not found

When I launched for the firts time, I had not the message "This is the first launch…" and so I suppose it didn't installed what is needed.

Thanks for help.

Edit : I found the folder ~/.bitnami/ with /stackman/ inside. I suppressed it. I relaunched xampp-vm. Now I had the message for the first launch, had to wait with the progress bar and no more. Still not working with same error.
charled

Operating System: Ubuntu

Postby phainix » 14. November 2017 13:04

Hi guys,
I installed xampp vm and it has been working perfectly, now i'm having issues starting the stack, and the only advice i've gotten here is to delete the "~/.bitnami/" folder.
I have projects on the vm what happens to them, how do i move my files before reinstalling, because if i have to loose my files for this to work then i'm entirely disappointed.
phainix

XAMPP version: vm 7.x
Operating System: Osx Yosemite

Postby HokuApps » 17. November 2017 07:14

Tragically, i are very brave with XAMPP-VM.

I was endeavoring to execute tar file on mounted volume when XAMPP smashed and I saw some notice about NTFS filesystem.

Since it happened, each time I endeavor to begin XAMPP-VM I see that blunder -

NFO: Starting "XAMPP" stack

Mistake: Error beginning "XAMPP" stack: can't begin stack: ssh not open

Might you be able to enable me to explain this issue to satisfy?
HokuApps

XAMPP version: 1.8.0
Operating System: Windows

Postby davijpmmm » 21. November 2017 09:50

Hi I want to install phalcon on my xampp vm ! I had tried with phalcon official documentation and search on google many times ! But still no luck , I have installed cphalcon and added extention to phalcon.so in ini but can't run phalcon project .
davijpmmm

XAMPP version: 7.1.9
Operating System: mac os

Postby devif » 21. November 2017 18:30

First time user, currently running XAMPP-VM-osx-7.1.11-0-preview-1 on latest OSX; here are my thoughts:

-- I have to reset nobody password to be able to log via FTP
-- I have to create a folder for my website inside htdocs (lets say /htdocs/website) and chmod "website" folder to 777 to be able to upload anything

-- The biggest problem i have is I cannot find a way to choose my ip and therefore my htdoc/website is not accessible from my lan :
xampp: 192.168.64.x
lan devices 192.168.1.x
I tried to modify interface file but it crashes the VM every time and I have to delete ~/.bitnami in order to get going again. Can you add to the panel a way to change the IP; at the moment I cannot test my site on other lan devices and especially my mobile devices or am I doing something wrong ?

Thanks for all our work, XAMPP for mac will be a delight soon Im sure.
devif

XAMPP version: 7.1.11-0-preview-1
Operating System: osx

Postby nifhanif » 27. November 2017 06:53

Thanks for create VM version.
i can running coding live on linux,

but i have few problem using it
- when i run svn(on mac) inside vm mount folder, sometime i cant commit or update svn, until i restart finder
- when i open on sublime text editor. file show ._file almost all file have duplicate in (._file). but not show, when i open on finder on mac
- when i edit file on sublime text, require password to save, and on sometime i ca't change file, i'm rename from sublime, it won't afected

maybe when create new port forwarding, it automaticaly enable when start xampp-vm, and auto save will be great
nifhanif

XAMPP version: XAMPP-VM / PHP 7.1.11
Operating System: OSX 10.13.1

Postby ctestana » 03. December 2017 18:31

Hey Guys, I am having a problem with XAMPP Verison 7.1.7-0, I am running on macOS Sierra version 10.12.6 (recently updated to this OS system)

I have XAMP VM running smoothly and i can see my website in my browser, but then i mount the files and try to access my htdocs folder but when opening the file nothing was there its all white . Then it popped up saying interuptted connection with a pic of my lamp root folder with an eject button.

Not sure why its doing this.
ctestana

XAMPP version: 7.17-0
Operating System: MacOS Sierra 10.12.6

Postby Beltran » 08. December 2017 09:51

tsedendamba wrote:This is great job guys.
I need one important thing. That is git or other version control systems.

I would suggest to install it and use it from the OS X VM itself. You can use "apt-get update && apt-get install git" and that way you can use git from the OS X VM terminal.

charled wrote:"Error starting "XAMPP" stack.

We added a specific error in newer versions to detect if your OS X supports the Intel VT-x feature. If not the OS X VM will redirect to download and install the regular XAMPP installer.

davijpmmm wrote:Hi I want to install phalcon on my xampp vm ! I had tried with phalcon official documentation and search on google many times ! But still no luck

Note this is a Linux VM internally. You should follow the guides to install phalcon in XAMPP linux, this thread can help you https://forum.phalconphp.com/discussion ... with-xampp

Code: Select all
git clone https://github.com/phalcon/cphalcon
cd cphalcon/ext
alias phpize=/opt/lampp/bin/phpize
export CC="gcc"
export CFLAGS="-O2 -Wall -fvisibility=hidden -flto -DZEPHIR_RELEASE=1"
phpize --with-php-config=/opt/lampp/bin/php-config
./configure --enable-phalcon
make --silent && sudo make --silent install

devif wrote:
-- I have to reset nobody password to be able to log via FTP
-- I have to create a folder for my website inside htdocs (lets say /htdocs/website) and chmod "website" folder to 777 to be able to upload anything
-- The biggest problem i have is I cannot find a way to choose my ip and therefore my htdoc/website is not accessible from my lan

- That is correct, but we think that mounting the folder in your OS X functionality is a replacement of the FTP client for editing or copying files easily. Could you post how you are using the FTP client?
- If you mount the folder you are able to create it without having to change the permissions. In any case if you need to change them you can run "chown" from the OS X VM terminal.
- You can create a Network Tunnel without enabling "require local". That way you can connect from other machines in your LAN. You will see this in your Network tab "*:8080 -> 80"
Beltran
Power-User

PreviousNext

Return to XAMPP for macOS