impossible loading url..

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

impossible loading url..

Postby paobar » 27. May 2017 09:48

Hi,
I am working in local with win10 and xampp 3.2.2, and I am not new in xampp.

today I loaded the folders of my site from the cloud in my computer: I have download also the database and, writing "localhost/mySite" I recived this message:

(i traslate in english..)
impossible loading URL: the domain of this URL is not included in the app domains. to load this URL, add all your app domain and subdomain in the field "app Domains" in your app settings"

I never had this message and I have no result from my search.
someone can kindly help me?

thanks
paobar

XAMPP version: 3.2.2
Operating System: win10

Re: impossible loading url..

Postby Nobbie » 28. May 2017 10:06

Thats not a Xampp message, seems to be a message from your downloaded app. I dont know that message and you even did not tell us, what app you downloaded. You should ask in a support forum of that app.
Nobbie

Postby paobar » 28. May 2017 11:58

It is not a particular app. It is a site about cats (www.certosinidellafrancigena.it), and i downloaded the site because I have to modify it locally.
paobar

Postby paobar » 28. May 2017 14:28

it is a Joomla site but xampp do not arrive at the site and (another thing that perhaps can be important) the string in the address bar of the browser change from localhost/mySite to localhost.com/mysite
paobar

Postby Nobbie » 28. May 2017 17:11

> (another thing that perhaps can be important)

Maybe important for YOU, bui this is NOT a Xampp issue, It is a Joomla issue and its a problem of how to copy an existing installation from Server to another. You cannot simply download the files and the database, thats insufficient. You also have to adapt certain configurations, but this out of the scope of this Xampp forum. Ask in a Joomla forum, how to port an existing installation from one Server to another. We cannot give suppert for Joomla here.
Nobbie

Postby moonwalker_repeat » 02. June 2017 06:37

There is a way to download live Joomla sites to your Xampp server. I've done it many times and it's actually pretty easy if you're careful. Dowload the site files, yes, but DO NOT download the database files themselves from the file structure. Use PhpMyAdmin. Export them to SQL file. Then import the file into PhpMyadmin on Xampp. After that, you'll have to manually edit your Joomla concfiguration.php file to reflect your Xampp MySQL username and password. That should be all that's needed if I remember correctly. Once the configuration.php file points the site to the new database location with the correct username and password, you should be able to run your site relatively normally with the exception of files that are pointed to by custom code using absolute paths matching the original server's file structure.

if you try this, double check the version of SQL. They should be the same to avoid conflicts. But even if they aren't, what do you have to lose? It's a COPY of the site, right? You can always make more.

I can almost guarantee you will still have some issues but this has worked relatively well many times for me.

EDIT: Don't forget the Joomla configuration.php also contains a line stating where the home page of your site lives. You need to make sure that line points to the local folder, not the .com address. It sounds like that's what happening.

Hope it helps.
OS X 10.9.5
XAMPP: 5.6.30-1

I'm setting up a proper server and only need advice to repair an old Xampp installation so I can move my sites safely without breaking them. Thanks for understanding.
moonwalker_repeat

XAMPP version: 5.6.30
Operating System: OSX, Windows 10

Return to XAMPP for Windows