Saved websites. Didn't export databases! Recovery?

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

Saved websites. Didn't export databases! Recovery?

Postby itrelated » 30. March 2017 01:10

I had an issue with MySQL i was unable to overcome, so i decided to delete it, and only saved wordpress and drupal folders! Didn't export databases! How to use the websites data and what i've done so far?
Good news is i haven't done much on the websites so far!

What do i need to do? If exporting the database was a must then i won't repeat this error ever again!
itrelated

Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit

Re: Saved websites. Didn't export databases! Recovery?

Postby JJ_Tagy » 30. March 2017 02:37

Sounds like you learned a valuable lesson!
JJ_Tagy

XAMPP version: 5.5.15
Operating System: Windows 10 Pro x64

Postby itrelated » 30. March 2017 15:54

Indeed!

There's nothing i can do right?
Must start from the beginning?
itrelated

Postby Nobbie » 30. March 2017 16:10

If you are lucky, you will find missing data in the trash box of your Windows. It depends on how large the data was etc. Unfortunately you do not specify precisely what you have deleted and how and when. But its worth a try to look into the trash box of your Windows installation. Only huge amount of data is deleted immediately, else the data is only moved to the trash box.
Nobbie

Postby itrelated » 30. March 2017 20:44

Nobbie wrote:If you are lucky, you will find missing data in the trash box of your Windows. It depends on how large the data was etc. Unfortunately you do not specify precisely what you have deleted and how and when. But its worth a try to look into the trash box of your Windows installation. Only huge amount of data is deleted immediately, else the data is only moved to the trash box.

Thanks Nobbie!

I often empty the trash bin...
I deleted the whole xampp folder by selecting it, and pressing "DEL" on the keyboard; 2 nights ago.

Really, it's ok as i was just starting to develop the website!

I can delete both wordpress and drupal folders as i won't be able to recover any data from them properly, right?

When re-installing xampp, is it enough to keep for ex. "wordpress" folder inside htdocs, the whole MySQL folder and config files from the apps you use? Or you need to keep more folders?
itrelated

Return to XAMPP for Windows