table doesn't exist in engine - error moving mysql/data

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

table doesn't exist in engine - error moving mysql/data

Postby kandikan » 20. March 2017 20:06

Hi, I just installed XAMPP when I couldn't get an old install to work. As Apache and MySQL are now starting without any problem, I'd like to remove the old XAMPP, but I can't work out how to move an old Wordpress site to the new XAMPP install.

I seem to remember in the past just moving folders between XAMPP installs (from [apps] and [mysql/data]) but this time, phpMyAdmin gives an error - 'table doesn't exist in engine' - if I try and open the tables.

Any help letting me know what I'm missing would be greatly appreciated ? :?
kandikan

XAMPP version: 5.6.30
Operating System: Windows 10 Pro x64 v1607

Re: table doesn't exist in engine - error moving mysql/data

Postby Nobbie » 20. March 2017 22:11

kandikan wrote:I seem to remember in the past just moving folders between XAMPP installs (from apps and mysql/data

That does not work, if the old installation is too old and there are significant changes between the MySQL Releases. That seems to be the case obviously.

The common way to move WordPress installations is to export the WordPress database und to import it in the new environment. As fas as i know, there are plenty of tutorials about moving WordPress, if in doubt, you should go for a WordPress forum and support. This forum does not provide any WordPress support.
Nobbie

Re: table doesn't exist in engine - error moving mysql/data

Postby kandikan » 21. March 2017 17:00

Thanks Nobbie for your quick reply, and yes you're right, if I'd exported the data from SQL before XAMPP broke I'd be in good shape ;-)

I did try and untangle this from the WordPress end without much success, but it turns out an old (2015) WampServer install was the answer: luckily I was able to run phpMyAdmin with my data folder in wamp/bin/mysql/data and take it from there.
kandikan

XAMPP version: 5.6.30
Operating System: Windows 10 Pro x64 v1607

Return to XAMPP for Windows