Mercury mail server setup

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

Mercury mail server setup

Postby amiond » 11. February 2017 09:11

Hi,

I dont know how to setup mercury to use the mail server on my webhotel. Can someone help me?
amiond

XAMPP version: 3.2.2
Operating System: Windows 10

Re: Mercury mail server setup

Postby Nobbie » 11. February 2017 12:05

amiond wrote:I dont know how to setup mercury to use the mail server on my webhotel

If there is already a mail server on your webhotel (whatever that means), you dont need to setup another mail server (like Mercury), instead use that existing mail server. Anyway, it is not an easy job to setup a mail server (we cannot give support on that), there is plenty of documentation about Mercury. But mostly all that work is in vain, because emails coming from "private" mail servers (i.e. a PC at home or similar) usually never arrives, as all big players (like GMX etc.) are blacklisting private IPs due to SPAM problems.

You should go for an official SMTP Server (like GMX, Google etc.) or from an official Webhoster (where you also can host your site). Everything else wont be usefull.
Nobbie

Re: Mercury mail server setup

Postby amiond » 12. February 2017 07:25

I got it to work now, but the new problem is that when i create a certificate and then try to log on to the mail server from my mail client with STARTTLS, then it keep saying: Wrong username or password, but i have not changed the password.
amiond

XAMPP version: 3.2.2
Operating System: Windows 10

Return to XAMPP for Windows