Problems starting Apache & saving to a file

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

Problems starting Apache & saving to a file

Postby ben.mansuk » 11. December 2016 15:02

Hi,
I am having problems starting Apache and saving a text to folder. I get errors like "you don't have permission to save in this location " , " Apache shutdown unexpectedly..." "Access denied". Wanted to attach screen shots but don't seem to have the option.
Any help will be appreciated!
Thanks.

Ben.
ben.mansuk

XAMPP version: v5.6.28 (PHP 5.6.28)
Operating System: Windows 10

Re: Problems starting Apache & saving to a file

Postby ben.mansuk » 11. December 2016 17:43

Initially when I was installing XAMPP, I had a warning and two errors. The warning was like "Important! Because of activated user account control (UAC) on your system some functions of XAMPP are possibly restricted. With UAC please avoid to install XAMPP to c:\Program Files (x86) (missing write permissions). Or deactivate UAC with misconfig after this setup"

And the first error was "Windows cannot find '-n'. Make sure you typed the name correctly, then try again".

The last error was "XAMPP has stopped working. A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available".
1- Now, how can I deactivate UAC?
2- Because it didn't install correctly, I cannot see the XAMPP icon in the 'uninstall a program' in the control panel. Should I need to uninstall it, how will I do it?

I am still new in this area, so any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
ben.mansuk

XAMPP version: v5.6.28 (PHP 5.6.28)
Operating System: Windows 10

Return to XAMPP for Windows