Mysqld stopped working

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

Mysqld stopped working

Postby johnallenrutaquio » 23. November 2016 03:04

I'm working on a project for the company that I am working in. The project is an internal web application. I installed XAMPP and Mysql Workbench for my database. It was working back then but at some point whenever I try to access localhost/*myproject* or even 127.0.0.1/*myproject* there is an error popping out saying that Mysqld.exe has stopped working. Apache and Mysql runs well on xampp no problems there.

I wanted to change the localhost to a domain name so I tried this: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/17652373/how-to-change-the-url-from-localhost-to-something-else-on-a-local-system-usin

It didn't worked for me so I changed it back to its default settings. Since then, my problem occurred. I researched but couldn't find an answer.

I even reinstalled Xampp and Workbench but it didn't fixed it.

Please help. My boss wants it done now.
johnallenrutaquio

XAMPP version: 7.0.13
Operating System: Windows 10 Pro

Re: Mysqld stopped working

Postby Nobbie » 23. November 2016 12:40

johnallenrutaquio wrote:My boss wants it done now.

Then he simply should do it.

Re-installing Xampp over an existing version usually totally screws up everything and all MySQL Data is lost. Did you backup everything before you overwrote your Xampp installation?
Nobbie

Re: Mysqld stopped working

Postby johnallenrutaquio » 28. November 2016 02:16

thanks for the reply. but i fixed it with my own. i tried to reset my Internet Protocol using netsh then after i reboot. it worked.
johnallenrutaquio

XAMPP version: 7.0.13
Operating System: Windows 10 Pro

Return to XAMPP for Windows