All kinds of problems

Problems with the Mac OS X version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

All kinds of problems

Postby rocknation » 01. October 2016 17:02

[iI set the language for English. The forum still comes in German.

When I try to add the Wordpress module to XAMMP, it freezes:

When I upload a wordpress file in the htdocs folder, this happens:

And I can't work with any of the wordpress theme files because I don't have permissions!

Macintosh OS10.7
rocknation

XAMPP version: 7.0.9
Operating System: Macintosh 10.7.5

Re: All kinds of problems

Postby Nobbie » 01. October 2016 19:59

rocknation wrote:When I try to add the Wordpress module to XAMMP, it freezes:

Do NOT install WordPress module from Bitnami to Xampp. Instead download and install native WordPress from the WordPress site.

rocknation wrote:When I upload a wordpress file in the htdocs folder, this happens:

What happens? Anyway, do not use Bitname WordPress module.

rocknation wrote:And I can't work with any of the wordpress theme files because I don't have permissions!

You have to grant access on OSX level, if you dont how to grant any user rights on your Mac, proceed to a Mac Forum and ask for help. Xampp cannot help you on that.
Nobbie

Postby uptownjorge » 03. October 2016 00:23

Hi Rock Nation,

I too had this issue and found that I had to open up the installer package to examine it. I found the installer script and that does launch the install.

Mount the dmg
From terminal.app, type:
Code: Select all
sudo /Volumes/WordPress\ Module/WordPress\ Module.app/Contents/MacOS/installbuilder.sh

enter your password.
Keep terminal open. It will prompt you several times for your password as the wizard progresses.

It should run through successfully. I am still trying to figure out the whole mysql password issue. It worked flawlessly on a VM
uptownjorge

XAMPP version: 5.6.24-1
Operating System: macOS Sierra 10.21

Postby rocknation » 03. October 2016 16:31

I solved most of my problems with the latest version of XAMPP and a CHMOD editor. But when I install wordpress, this happens (I've sent a copy to them). And though my settings are for getting this forum in English, it still comes out in German. But thanks for pointing me in the right direction!

rocknation

Postby rocknation » 04. October 2016 15:54

uptownjorge wrote:Hi Rock Nation,

I too had this issue and found that I had to open up the installer package to examine it. I found the installer script and that does launch the install.

Mount the dmg
From terminal.app, type:
Code: Select all
sudo /Volumes/WordPress\ Module/WordPress\ Module.app/Contents/MacOS/installbuilder.sh

enter your password.
Keep terminal open. It will prompt you several times for your password as the wizard progresses.

It should run through successfully. I am still trying to figure out the whole mysql password issue. It worked flawlessly on a VM

I got a "no such command" error message.
rocknation

Postby rocknation » 08. October 2016 17:14

I decided to do exactly as the error message says and pasted the SQL command into the wp-options table in myPHPadmin. So everything seems to be working now.
rocknation

Return to XAMPP for macOS