xampp localhost

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

xampp localhost

Postby columbus13 » 23. August 2016 18:00

Hi guys
a newbie question how do I access localhost/wordpress/wp-admin/plugins.php i tried typing it in my web browser I only get google results.

I am trying to acess the htdocs file on my localhost.
columbus13

XAMPP version: 3.2.2
Operating System: Windows 8.1

Re: xampp localhost

Postby Nobbie » 23. August 2016 19:48

columbus13 wrote:Hi guys
a newbie question how do I access localhost/wordpress/wp-admin/plugins.php i tried typing it in my web browser I only get google results.

A horribly poor description, whatever is meant by that.

Anyway, if localhost is not resolved by Xampp, Xampp (i.e. Apache) is simply not running.
Nobbie

Postby columbus13 » 23. August 2016 21:32

I get to local host when I type it only in the browser no problem there but my question should have said how do I access htdocs from the xampp dashboard?
columbus13

XAMPP version: 3.2.2
Operating System: Windows 8.1

Postby gsmith » 24. August 2016 07:51

If it's at c:/xampp/htdocs/wordpress/wp-admin/plugins.php then it should answer at http://localhost/wordpress/wp-admin/plugins.php
gsmith

XAMPP version: 0.0.0
Operating System: Win 10/2012R VS 14,15,16

Postby Nobbie » 24. August 2016 09:53

gsmith wrote:If it's at c:/xampp/htdocs/wordpress/wp-admin/plugins.php then it should answer at http://localhost/wordpress/wp-admin/plugins.php

Exactly what he did:

how do I access localhost/wordpress/wp-admin/plugins.php

Thats the reason why i dont understand the question.
Nobbie

Postby TobiasRieper7156 » 10. September 2016 13:44

Yeah poor description... You also didn't said IF :1. You managed to start properly apache server? 2. "xampp dashboard"? You mean Xampp control panel?! 3. In order to have SOMETHING in htdocs YOU must put it there! Like you go online to the REAL wordpress and download that plugins.php file and put it in htdocs. "xampp dashboard" (i assume is control panel you want,...if not control panel you meant my bad) YOU CAN'T access htdocs from XAMPP Control Panel... htdocs as a folder is located on your drive in E.g. xampp\htdocs ..... or wherever you installed it XAMPP.... OR you access htdocs folder CONTENT via a browser (if you created something in there ofc like a folder armorgames.com or in your case wordpress)... Now since you mentioned "wordpress/wp-admin/plugins.php" THERE must be a folder inside htdocs that is named wordpress... inside that wordpress folder another folder named wp-admin.... and a file named plugins.php... (So basically you want to RECREATE the online version of wordpress i assume) BUT to recreate it LOCALLY you must follow the ORIGINAL folder structure.... If you didn't do that is IMPOSSIBLE to find what you look simply cuz doesn't exist. :roll: ALSO to be able to access "localhost/wordpress/wp-admin/plugins.php" YOU must edit another file named "hosts" (disable network first) and add a line like this: 127.0.0.1 wordpress AND once you start apache server ...(This will instruct) type in what you want in a BROWSER: localhost/wordpress/wp-admin/plugins.php.... AND IF you have that folder hierarchy stated before you should access plugins.php..... :roll: (I had once a similar problem! :roll: That's why so detailed solution.... and this is LOW version of detail, you don't wanna know the FULL one :roll: ). Cheers!
TobiasRieper7156

XAMPP version: 1.8.2-0-VC9
Operating System: Windows XP

Return to XAMPP for Windows