change lc-messages

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

change lc-messages

Postby mcendron » 14. June 2016 09:44

Hi all, in my pc I installed the xampp 1.7.7 version I would like to change the value of lc-messages, but I have not figured out how.
mcendron

Operating System: Windows XP Home SP3

Re: change lc-messages

Postby Nobbie » 14. June 2016 10:51

I dont know exactly what you are looking for, but i think it is the setlocale() Funktion in PHP: http://php.net/manual/en/function.setlocale.php

See the note about LC_MESSAGES for system responses: available if PHP was compiled with libintl, I dont know if this is the case. As you installed a very very old Xampp release, that wont be maintained any more.

I also found lots of questions about this stuff in the internet, many of them having troubles to set locales correctly on Windows Systems. There was a hint to use the environment variable LANG in order to set the locale string before starting Apache/PHP. I also found some hints, that Windows might use different strings than Linux. There is finally a Tip in the Notes section of the setlocale documentation (see link above), that users may find more information about locale strings at Microsoft's MSDN website.
Nobbie

Return to XAMPP for Windows