MySQL keeps starting and shutting back down

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

MySQL keeps starting and shutting back down

Postby Chiriel » 15. April 2016 18:23

1:10:48 PM [mysql] Attempting to start MySQL service...
1:10:49 PM [mysql] Status change detected: running
1:10:54 PM [mysql] Status change detected: stopped
1:10:54 PM [mysql] Error: MySQL shutdown unexpectedly.
1:10:54 PM [mysql] This may be due to a blocked port, missing dependencies,
1:10:54 PM [mysql] improper privileges, a crash, or a shutdown by another method.
1:10:54 PM [mysql] Press the Logs button to view error logs and check
1:10:54 PM [mysql] the Windows Event Viewer for more clues
1:10:54 PM [mysql] If you need more help, copy and post this
1:10:54 PM [mysql] entire log window on the forums

So far I've tried a couple of things. I know I have had MySQL installed somewhere else besides XAMPP so I uninstalled it. And when I went to the Windows Event Viewer, I found this message here.

Can't find messagefile 'C:\xampp\mysql\share\errmsg.sys'
Aborting

And I know that before that I was having a problem with the root password. I didn't remember it, and none of the methods I have tried to reset it have worked. I don't know if that's still an issue even if I uninstalled that other MySQL Server. But in case it is, I'm gonna put it out there right now that I'm using Windows 10.
Chiriel

XAMPP version: 3.2.2
Operating System: Wndows 10

Re: MySQL keeps starting and shutting back down

Postby sqlnewbie03 » 21. April 2016 04:46

I have the same problem, same operating system. I've reinstalled multiple times even tried shutting off firewall, changing port settings, installed and reinstalled MySQL in services. It just won't stay running on my laptop. It works perfectly fine on my other machine but I really need and want it on this one.
sqlnewbie03

XAMPP version: 3.2.2
Operating System: Win 10

Re: MySQL keeps starting and shutting back down

Postby Santitob » 28. April 2016 03:13

I have the same issue. One error message was that Bitnami Wordpress was using the port, but that had been deleted the day before. Netstat indicates that MySQL is using Port 3306. No other program is using the same port. There have not been any changes since yesterday to the computer, not deletions, installations, or other happening since yesterday when it was running fine.

Thanks to anyone that has a solution!
Santitob

Operating System: Windows 7

Return to XAMPP for Windows