XAMPP on OS X Unable to access Wordpress, MySQL, PHP MyAdmin

Problems with the Mac OS X version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

XAMPP on OS X Unable to access Wordpress, MySQL, PHP MyAdmin

Postby strattonweekley » 18. April 2016 23:40

I have had Xampp installed as a localhost and working for a long time now. I tried to install multiple versions of Wordpress and it was working until I tried to install a plugin or upload and image. Sounded like a permissions issue based on errors received, so I unlocked all the directories and made them read/write. This made a bad situation worse. now I have no access to php myadmin, can't access wordpress or the sites built in it and MySQL can not be activated. I can access the Xampp through localhost. Can someone tell me what I have done to lose all access to all my tools?
PHP Myadmin says:
Cannot connect: invalid settings.
Connection for controluser as defined in your configuration failed.
phpMyAdmin tried to connect to the MySQL server, and the server rejected the connection. You should check the host, username and password in your configuration and make sure that they correspond to the information given by the administrator of the MySQL server.

Not sure why my host, username and password would just stop working after changing the permissions on the xamppfiles.

Wordpress give me this error:

Warning: mysqli_real_connect(): (HY000/2002): No such file or directory in /Applications/XAMPP/xamppfiles/apps/wordpress/htdocs/hprealestate/wp-includes/wp-db.php on line 1489

Warning: mysql_connect(): No such file or directory in /Applications/XAMPP/xamppfiles/apps/wordpress/htdocs/hprealestate/wp-includes/wp-db.php on line 1515
Error establishing a database connection

XAMPP says my sql Database is deactivated and I can't restart it through the app manager
strattonweekley

XAMPP version: 5.6.8-0
Operating System: Mac OS X

Re: XAMPP on OS X Unable to access Wordpress, MySQL, PHP MyA

Postby Nobbie » 19. April 2016 10:08

strattonweekley wrote:Can someone tell me what I have done to lose all access to all my tools?

You probably did not change the file permissions correctly, you either removed the files and/or folders, or you granted the wrong permissions and/or changed the userid/groupid of all the files. This is what it looks like, as i have no clue what you actually did, i cannot go deeper into that issue.
Nobbie

Return to XAMPP for macOS