Xampp Proftpd wont allow connections beyond localhost

Problems with the Linux version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

Xampp Proftpd wont allow connections beyond localhost

Postby Aberts10 » 28. March 2016 20:38

Im trying to setup the ftp server for the website i host with Xampp with a friend, but even with the correct ports and login information it wont let me login with the website address or my external ip, it only works with localhost.

Also when i tried to edit the opt/lampp/etc/proftpd.conf it wont let me save it... it just warns me "Could not create a backup file while saving “/opt/lampp/etc/proftpd.conf”, Could not back up the old copy of the file before saving the new one. You can ignore this warning and save the file anyway, but if an error occurs while saving, you could lose the old copy of the file. Save anyway?" when i click save it does nothing.
Aberts10

Operating System: Zorin OS 11

Re: Xampp Proftpd wont allow connections beyond localhost

Postby Nobbie » 29. March 2016 11:59

Editing proftpd.conf requires "root" rights (i.e. "sudo ...").
Nobbie

Postby Aberts10 » 29. March 2016 17:26

I got that to work (i didn't run chmod correctly), but any clue what i can do about the connection with the external ip? (using my external ip in filezilla from another computer) i tried changing:

Code: Select all
<Limit SITE_CHMOD>                                                                                                                                                         
  DenyAll                                                                                                                                                                 
</Limit>

to:

Code: Select all
<Limit SITE_CHMOD>                                                                                                                                                         
  AllowAll                                                                                                                                                                 
</Limit>

But that didn't work either.
Aberts10

Operating System: Zorin OS 11

Postby blaineca » 10. April 2016 17:25

I'm having the same problem. Did you ever get it to work?
blaineca

XAMPP version: 7.0.4
Operating System: OpenSuse

Return to XAMPP for Linux