MySQL ODBC connector problems

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

MySQL ODBC connector problems

Postby StageCoachDriver » 16. July 2015 22:12

I'm running XAMPP 5.5.19 on Windows 7 but I can't connect to MySQL via my ODBC connector and there does not appear to be a matching ODBC connector in the XAMPP package that's compatible with the version of MySQL installed by the XAMPP installer. The version of MySQL in question is 5.6.21 Community Server. Should a compatible ODBC connector have been installed by the msi installer? If I upgrade to the latest version of XAMPP, will a compatible ODBC connector be available? The Oracle/MySQL site only has the 5.3.4 ODBC connector (and earlier versions). Oracle states the ODBC connector for my version of MySQL should be part of the 5.6.21 distribution.

StageCoachDriver

Operating System: windows 7

Re: MySQL ODBC connector problems

Postby Himawan » 27. March 2016 05:04

I used xampp 1.7.3 with ODBC 5.1 driver for MySql data processing using old software VFP :roll: . For a client connection to the server I'm using the 8192 option:
lcconn = "Driver = {MySQL ODBC 5.1 Driver}; server = & ipservernya; Option = 8192; database = & dtbase; user = & useru; pwd = & pass;"
after I use xampp version 6.5.15 I can not connect again from the client to the server with the same command :shock:
Please help me about that solution, so my old software can use xampp version 6.5.15 or later. :wink:
thank you
Himawan

Operating System: windows 7

Return to XAMPP for Windows