multiple blogs within xampp with bitnami wordpress

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

multiple blogs within xampp with bitnami wordpress

Postby gandalfrp » 16. March 2016 14:55

Also after reading some posts, I still do not manage to understand how to manage two different blogs LOCALLY in my installation. I have xampp installed, and on top of it I installed the bitnami provided wordpress installation. Now, with 127.0.0.1/wordpress I reach my blog number 1. The directory wordpress has bee installed (by the installation program) under xampp/apps. Now, what do I do to manage a second blog? If I try to reinstall a second copy of wordpress, the bitnami installer does not allow me to change the directory, and then obviously complains that the directory "wordpress" is not empty. Naively I tried to brutally copy the directory with a different name in apps directory, but obviously it did not work (understand that it must be installed somehow). Sorry if the question is stupid, but I am a real novice here and probably also the obvious problems do not seem obvious to me. Thanks for understanding
Robert
gandalfrp

Operating System: windows 7 Home 64bit

Re: multiple blogs within xampp with bitnami wordpress

Postby JJ_Tagy » 16. March 2016 17:24

Not sure if you know, but Bitnami does not own or create Wordpress. They only have an "easy button" package for you. Based on your description, I recommend dumping that installation and just install WP manually. Then you can have unlimited installations.
JJ_Tagy

XAMPP version: 5.5.15
Operating System: Windows 10 Pro x64

Re: multiple blogs within xampp with bitnami wordpress

Postby gandalfrp » 17. March 2016 09:51

OK, you are right. I did as per your suggestion and reinstalled wordpress the usual way. Problem solved. Thank ou for your interest.
Robert
gandalfrp

Operating System: windows 7 Home 64bit

Return to XAMPP for Windows