waiting for localhost

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

Re: waiting for localhost

Postby Nobbie » 09. March 2016 13:37

I still dont understand what you are doing there.

You say, you have a working online installation of OpenCart, and (as far as I unterstand) you will run this installation locally on your PC?

How did you install OpenCart locally? Is it a file system backup from your server and copied onto to your PC? Or is it a "real" installation, like you did for your online server?
And how did you install your online databases (including the database for OpenCart)? What did you do to have your online databases on your local PC?

You also said, that you adapt config.php (or similar) and you changed the line for "HTTP_SERVER". In a couple of forums i read, that this is NOT sufficient, there *should* be another configuration file in the admin folder, which also contains similar entries and these have to be adapted as well. How about that, did you do and can you show us, what is meant by that? As this is NOT an OpenCart board, i cannot give OpenCart support, you have to help us instead in these questions.

What and how did you configure in Opencart for the MySQL Databases Access? You somewhere must provide a database name, a server name, a MySQL User and its passwort. What did you specify and how did you do it?
Nobbie

Postby gsc1ugs » 09. March 2016 14:08

slightly embarrassing but my credentials where wrong for the db... I exported the db from online and it took out my connection details.. now works
gsc1ugs

Operating System: windows 7

Postby Nobbie » 09. March 2016 14:37

gsc1ugs wrote:slightly embarrassing but my credentials where wrong for the db... I exported the db from online and it took out my connection details.. now works

I had a feeling like that, therefore my questions. Much Ado about nothing...
Nobbie

Postby gsc1ugs » 09. March 2016 14:47

have one other small issue?? somewhere 8080 has been declared on the admin side, can I find it??? no. 2 config files with OC admin is loading 8080 from somewhere when I set the port 8000 in xampp
:evil:
gsc1ugs

Postby WilliL » 09. March 2016 18:22

I would use "search in files" option in notepad++ (looking for 8080). If this doesn't work, I would search in mysql database.
It sounds like a configuration mess.
Willi
WilliL

Operating System: Win7Home Prem 64 SP1

Postby gsc1ugs » 09. March 2016 19:03

Found it admin has its own calls also. Thanks everyone
gsc1ugs

Previous

Return to XAMPP for Windows