Xampp starts and is working on localhost, but not outside.

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

Xampp starts and is working on localhost, but not outside.

Postby arksam » 02. March 2016 02:54

Hello,
This has happened last week, but the same solution i used last week isnt working now. Apache started fine for the past few days, i made a few web pages and put them up online for people to see outside my network. But today, i made a page and tried to put it up, and i could only access it from my localhost, 127.0.0.1 and my private ip. If i try to get to it online, it times out. I hadn't changed anything with xampp. I just made edits to a file and refreshed the page, like i always do, and all of a sudden it stops working. I reverted the changes i made to the file, but that didnt help. Nothing on my server works anymore from online.

All ports are forwarded, im using an admin account, and im pretty sure that i dont need to change any of the configuration files for apache because it was working fine before. One thing to mention, is that a few hours before it stopped working, the computer my server is running on got unplugged and turned off, causing me to turn everything back one, which i had not done in a while, but it was still working a few hours before it stopped.

It doesnt tell me that i have any errors from that box under everything, there might be some in my error.log
Thanks
arksam

Operating System: Windows 10

Re: Xampp starts and is working on localhost, but not outsid

Postby JJ_Tagy » 02. March 2016 03:01

External access is beyond the scope of this board, but you may have had an IP address change.
JJ_Tagy

XAMPP version: 5.5.15
Operating System: Windows 10 Pro x64

Return to XAMPP for Windows