Does XAMPP have a What's Running screen?

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

Does XAMPP have a What's Running screen?

Postby leaning » 24. February 2016 17:13

Hello!

I am trying to test PHP files using my Window 10 computer as a local server. I installed AppServ and WAMPServer which installed and setup Apache, MySQL, and PHP. I know I can go to localhost to see status, but I'm just getting started and need this basic and dumbed down.

Before I try XAMPP, is there a way with it I can start something or open a file or dashboard that says Apache version XXX is running, MySQL XXX is running, and PHP version XXXX is running, so then I know they are good and can shift to using them. And if there is more stuff besides just running that I should know, that would be great, too., but for now, that's a start.

Just a one-stop simple dashboard or status panel or screen that tells you everything is running.

I appreciate your help. Thanks!

Regards,
Leaning
leaning

Operating System: Windows 10

Re: Does XAMPP have a What's Running screen?

Postby Nobbie » 24. February 2016 19:30

Xampp comes with a dashboard, which contains a link to a phpinfo() call. As far as i understand, this contains all informations you are looking for.

You might also simply read the Xampp documentation, especially the "What is included" link. For the latest version, it shows up this:

Inklusive: Apache 2.4.18, MariaDB 10.1.10, PHP 7.0.3, phpMyAdmin 4.5.1, OpenSSL 1.0.2, XAMPP Control Panel 3.2.2, Webalizer 2.23-04, Mercury Mail Transport System 4.63, FileZilla FTP Server 0.9.41, Tomcat 7.0.56 (with mod_proxy_ajp as connector), Strawberry Perl 7.0.56 Portable
Nobbie

Postby leaning » 24. February 2016 20:44

Nobbie,

Thanks for that. And XAMPP doesn't come with MySQL, right? It seems like it has a full list but I didn't see that on there, so I would have to add it separately?

Thanks for the info.

Regards,
Leaning
leaning

Operating System: Windows 10

Postby Nobbie » 24. February 2016 20:51

leaning wrote:Thanks for that. And XAMPP doesn't come with MySQL, right? It seems like it has a full list but I didn't see that on there, so I would have to add it separately?

No, you cannot add it seperately, because Xampp comes with "MariaDB", what is a binary drop in replacement for MySQL. You cannot run both. If you want to run MySQL instead, you have to choose an older Xampp version (i dont know which one is the last MySQL Xampp release).
Nobbie

Return to XAMPP for Windows