Minor issue with XAMPP Control panel modules

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

Minor issue with XAMPP Control panel modules

Postby Swiftarm » 10. February 2016 16:23

When I first installed XAMPP, I only installed Apache and MySQL modules. Now I want to add Tomcat to it. I downloaded the Tomcat core files from tomcat.apache.org for version 8.0.32 (x64) and placed the files in \xampp\tomcat. Then I ran the catalina_start.bat file under \xampp, and it worked. I can go to localhost:%tomcatportnumber% and I get the tomcat page verifying that it's installed and working.

My problem is, I can only start tomcat by running that Catalina_start.bat file. My Xampp control panel doesn't even register that Tomcat is there (likely as a result of how I installed it). I've been looking around on google for a simple fix to this before I take the nuclear option and just reinstall XAMPP. Is there a configuration file or something that I can edit that will enable a manual Tomcat installation? For clarification, here's a picture of what I'm seeing.

http://i.imgur.com/QPtYXxc.png

Basically, I want the Tomcat row that is circled to look the same as the rows at the top, where I can just click the start button, or have it auto start when I open XAMPP.

Note: The control panel says I have WIndow 8.1, but it is Windows 10 like in my profile.

Thanks for the help. Like I said, I'll probably have to just reinstall XAMPP, but I wanted to check if there was another way before I do that.
Swiftarm

Operating System: Windows 10

Re: Minor issue with XAMPP Control panel modules

Postby Swiftarm » 10. February 2016 17:22

Ok, I finally found the answer.

In case anyone in the future finds this post: The key was in the xampp-control.ini file under the main \xampp folder. I went down to [EnableModules] and changed the value for Tomcat to 1. Then I went down to [binaryname], [servicename] and changed the tomcat values to match my version of tomcat that is installed. E.G. XAMPP's default binary was Tomcat7.exe, I changed it to Tomcat8.exe, etc.
Swiftarm

Operating System: Windows 10

Return to XAMPP for Windows