Password issues

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

Password issues

Postby avanche » 15. January 2016 18:13

Hi, I'm fairly new to Apache, PHP, MySQL and Dreamweaver so I'm trying to learn shed loads at the moment. Anyhow, I've installed XAMMP and everything works but I was never prompted for a password for PHP MyAdmin and it keeps giving warnings that my data is unsafe. I'd quite happily create a password but I cannot for the love of God find anywhere to administer this. Should I ignore these warnings or is there somewhere I can resolve this?

Thanks in advance for any help whatsoever......
avanche

Operating System: Windows10

Re: Password issues

Postby Nobbie » 15. January 2016 19:34

avanche wrote:I'd quite happily create a password but I cannot for the love of God find anywhere to administer this. Should I ignore these warnings or is there somewhere I can resolve this?

Of course you can ignore that warning, as it is your private PC and not a public server. Anyway, if you want to apply a password, open PhpMyAdmin and click on "Users" (or User Accounts or similar, i dont know the english version, i am german) in the top menu, after then you will get a listing of all known users including user "root" and there you may give a password.

Beware: if you do so, you have to edit config.inc.php from PhpMyAdmin as well and apply the Password you have given to root - otherwise PhpMyAdmin won't login to MySQL anymore.
Nobbie

Re: Password issues

Postby udin_ordinary » 22. January 2016 19:41

dear avanche

you just can ignore that or wanna use a password for that?
ount
if you wanna use a password go to localhost/phpmyadmin in your browser and pick user account menu.....in there you should find User accounts overview page...
you have to edit previleges in action table...and select for Edit privileges: User account 'root'@'localhost' and select change password....then you fill the password you liked for root user. save or click go
next step...
open files config.inc.php in C:\xampp\phpMyAdmin\ change below
/* Authentication type and info */
$cfg['Servers'][$i]['auth_type'] = 'config';
$cfg['Servers'][$i]['user'] = 'root';
$cfg['Servers'][$i]['password'] = '';
$cfg['Servers'][$i]['extension'] = 'mysqli';
$cfg['Servers'][$i]['AllowNoPassword'] = true;
$cfg['Lang'] = '';

to this
/* Authentication type and info */
$cfg['Servers'][$i]['auth_type'] = 'cookie';
$cfg['Servers'][$i]['user'] = 'root';
$cfg['Servers'][$i]['password'] = '';
$cfg['Servers'][$i]['extension'] = 'mysqli';
$cfg['Servers'][$i]['AllowNoPassword'] = true;
$cfg['Lang'] = '';

and then save it.
when you open localhost/phpmyadmin next time you will see login page for phpmyadmin
you can use your password that youve made it before....username : root password : your password

and its done...
udin_ordinary

Operating System: windows 7

Return to XAMPP for Windows