Reactivating Xampp and Web Files

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

Reactivating Xampp and Web Files

Postby rakwel » 14. December 2015 08:54

Hello,

So something happened to my operating system that required me to format my PC.
I was able to save my xampp folder and its web files in it.

My question is, is it possible to reactivate Xampp and its web files the way it was like nothing happened? How?
Or I really have to start a new Xampp installation and do everything one by one.

Please help. I will really appreciate it. Thanks in advanced!

[ EDIT by Altrea: moved to the english section ]
rakwel

Operating System: Windows7

Re: Reactivating Xampp and Web Files

Postby Nobbie » 14. December 2015 11:51

First of all: this the german board, the english board is in the bottom.

You simply may copy the whole folder again to c:/xampp and usually everything should word as before.
Nobbie

Postby rakwel » 15. December 2015 08:52

Sorry this is my first time in this forum. I was not able to notice. I will just post it in an English board.

Btw, simply copy and pasting didn't work. There are some database configurations to do and other stuff to make it work...
rakwel

Postby Nobbie » 15. December 2015 11:03

rakwel wrote:Btw, simply copy and pasting didn't work. There are some database configurations to do and other stuff to make it work...

It should work anyway, as all configuration files and databases are part of the Xampp folder. Maybe you did not save the whole Xampp folder, but something else? What do you mean exactly by "my xampp folder"?
Nobbie

Postby rakwel » 15. December 2015 14:24

Hi Nobbie, thank you for replying and helping me with this. I really appreciate it.

When I said xampp folder, I meant these files http://oi64.tinypic.com/5by3id.jpg. The files in the link are the once I was able to saved. And in it are the 'htdocs' and 'mysql' files. Should I just copy and paste the saved xampp folder, run 'xampp-control' and everything will work fine? Is that what you mean? There's no need for a fresh installation of xampp into the system?
rakwel

Postby Nobbie » 15. December 2015 14:45

rakwel wrote:Should I just copy and paste the saved xampp folder, run 'xampp-control' and everything will work fine? Is that what you mean?

Exactly.
Nobbie

Postby rakwel » 15. December 2015 15:55

Hi! I got it now. You're right, you need to copy and paste the files. But after that you need to run 'setup_xampp.bat'.
Now its like nothing happened! :) Thank you for your time answering my concerns!
rakwel

Postby Nobbie » 15. December 2015 17:05

rakwel wrote:But after that you need to run 'setup_xampp.bat'.

Yes you are right, sometimes it works even without "setup_xampp.bat", but it is safe to execute it.
Nobbie

Return to XAMPP for Windows