Fatal error: Call to undefined function oci_connect()

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

Fatal error: Call to undefined function oci_connect()

Postby jewels » 10. December 2015 08:08

hi.. i want to connect to my oracle database, but i got this error:
Fatal error: Call to undefined function oci_connect() in C:\xampp81\htdocs\test\inc\db.php on line 75

i try to uncomment :

Code: Select all
extension=php_oci8.dll 

but, when i check in phpinfo(), oci8 still not loaded. how i fix this problem ? can you help me?

thank you..
jewels

Operating System: windows

Re: Fatal error: Call to undefined function oci_connect()

Postby Nobbie » 10. December 2015 11:49

Check the error_log, there should be a hint why that DLL has not been loaded (i.e. missing another DLL or runtime system). Just to be sure: of course you restarted Apache after changing php.ini?!
Nobbie

Re: Fatal error: Call to undefined function oci_connect()

Postby jewels » 11. December 2015 02:58

of course i restarted the apache after changing php.ini file. previosuly i use xampp version 1.6.4 and its work fine, now i upgrade the version into 5.5.30 and i got that error. Im so confused, why this is happen? because, previously i can connect to my oracle database using 1.6.4 version. When i checked the error log, i got this : "[11-Dec-2015 10:01:14 UTC] PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library 'C:\xampp\php\ext\php_oci8.dll' - The specified procedure could not be found." . I check the extension_dir, the path was in the right place.
jewels

Operating System: windows

Return to XAMPP for Windows