Help me how to use Xampp from Apachefriends

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

Help me how to use Xampp from Apachefriends

Postby waraikobuot » 03. November 2015 04:57

Hello i download the latest version of Xampp 5.6.14 but when i tried to visit localhost it is redirected to localhost/dashboard/.. I have xampp before but i uninstalled it already because the php version is only 5.3 and i got a higher version of php in Apachefriends but i don`t know hot it works.

1st Img

2nd Img
The xamp should be like this after intalling not will redirect to localhost/dashborad/(sample 1st Img)

3rd Img

when it tried to create folder for my site @htdocs and name it waray(localhost/waray/) but the error say
Object not found!

The requested URL was not found on this server. If you entered the URL manually please check your spelling and try again.

If you think this is a server error, please contact the webmaster.

Error 404

localhost
Apache/2.4.17 (Win32) OpenSSL/1.0.2d PHP/5.6.14
Last edited by waraikobuot on 03. November 2015 13:05, edited 1 time in total.
waraikobuot

Operating System: Windows Ultimate 64bit

Re: Help me how to use Xampp from Apachefriends

Postby Nobbie » 03. November 2015 11:53

>when it tried to create folder for my site @htdocs and name it waray(localhost/waray/) but the error say
Object not found!

Try to put a file into the waray folder (i.e. you need an index.html or an index.php at least) and call it via http://localhost/waray/index.html (or similar).
Nobbie

Postby waraikobuot » 03. November 2015 12:30

still not working

This webpage is not available

Opera's connection attempt to localhost was rejected. The website may be down, or your network may not be properly configured.
Check your internet connection.

Check any cables and reboot any routers, modems, or other network devices you may be using.
Allow Opera to access the network in your firewall or antivirus settings.

If it is already listed as a program allowed to access the network, try removing it from the list and adding it again.
If you use a proxy server...

Check your proxy settings or contact your network administrator to make sure the proxy server is working. If you don't believe you should be using a proxy server: Go to the Opera menu > Settings > Change proxy settings... > LAN Settings and deselect "Use a proxy server for your LAN".
waraikobuot

Operating System: Windows Ultimate 64bit

Postby Nobbie » 03. November 2015 13:05

This is a Windows issue, for any reason "localhost" is unknown to your system.

Sometimes, this is the result of a trojan or virusinfection, you can try to reset the Winsock. Enter "netsh winsock reset" in a terminal and then reboot.

If not successful, Google for "netsh reset", you will find more options for netsh.

Try to execute "ping localhost" in a terminal, to see if localhost is known to your Windows.

P.S.: I wonder, that you can see the Xampp Dashboard??? This requires "localhost" on your installation?! Does this work in Opera?
Nobbie

Return to XAMPP for Windows