Error Accessing "User Accounts" from phpmyadmin

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

Re: Error Accessing "User Accounts" from phpmyadmin

Postby linuxs » 30. October 2015 20:51

Nobbie wrote:
linuxs wrote:Why would he forget Windows ??? Why would I forget Windows

This is a well known basic question and i will not provide an answer to that. It is your problem to use Windows furthermore.

linuxs wrote:Have you something that can- could be actually helpful to sort THIS out ?

No, i am not interested in a WIndows solution.

I have a linux distribution including a Xampp installation and everything runs fine. There was the User Bug in PhpMyAdmin, but this is not disturbant, because i could create and administrate the User step by step. I just replaced PhpMyAdmin with the newest release 4.5.1 (but did not run any tests).

This is a well known basic question and you will not provide an answer for that ?? So why did you even mention it and if Xampp is available for Windows it should work otherwise its existence is "null".

If you are not interested in a Windows solution why are you even here ?
Its going to sound "rude" but i don't care if you have Linux or whatever because we are in a Windows topic and talking about something that happens under Windows environment.

So i don't know if you are trying to "troll" the discussion but if you don't have nothing to say that can actually help i will ignore you and you will not care if do (i know that )
Thnks
linuxs

Operating System: Windows 10 Home

Postby Nobbie » 30. October 2015 21:07

linuxs wrote:So why did you even mention it and if Xampp is available for Windows it should work otherwise its existence is "null".

That is not what i said.

linuxs wrote:If you are not interested in a Windows solution why are you even here ?

Just for fun.

linuxs wrote:Its going to sound "rude" but i don't care if you have Linux or whatever because we are in a Windows topic and talking about something that happens under Windows environment.

So i don't know if you are trying to "troll" the discussion but if you don't have nothing to say that can actually help i will ignore you and you will not care if do (i know that )
Thnks

You may write and think what you want. You dont need to understand me, you even dont need to read my postings. Ignore me. Thats it. I am not getting paid, i am not part of the Xampp team, i simply have my own thoughts.
Nobbie

Postby linuxs » 30. October 2015 21:25

Beltran wrote:Hi,

We updated phpMyAdmin to 4.5.1 and MariaDB to 10.1.8. We also fixed this issue fixing the database and it seems it is working properly now. Could you check is working properly now on your side? We will release this version next week:

https://www.apachefriends.org/xampp-files/5.5.30/xampp-win32-5.5.30-1-VC11-installer.exe

md5: 31d36890dcf42168a0e5268ad2db1d72

https://www.apachefriends.org/xampp-files/5.6.14/xampp-win32-5.6.14-1-VC11-installer.exe
md5: 979b40e5ca6edb49f093666e807c41f3

Please post your feedback in this thread and we will be happy to improve next XAMPP versions. We continue working on the full integration of the phpMyAdmin advanced configuration to remove the error message.

Thanks!

Hello Beltran i just installed and tested 5.6.14-1-VC11 and it's indeed working perfectly fine.

ººNow i can start MySQL without any problem at all.
ººI Can go to user accounts under phpMyAdmin and create users, change passwords and privileges.
ºº i can even "auto" configure and create the "Advanced phpMyAdmin features" table when i click on "create". I could not this in the previews version, it just said it was created but when i restarted Mysql sever it was gone again.
.......................................................................................

Now the only "odd" thing im seeing is this :

What are those Users ?? It is auto generating it.

Thanks you very much, now im waiting for coder1 to report if it is everything ok with his test in this version.
Last edited by linuxs on 30. October 2015 21:28, edited 1 time in total.
linuxs

Postby coder1 » 30. October 2015 21:26

We updated phpMyAdmin to 4.5.1 and MariaDB to 10.1.8. We also fixed this issue fixing the database and it seems it is working properly now. Could you check is working properly now on your side? We will release this version next week:

https://www.apachefriends.org/xampp-files/5.5.30/xampp-win32-5.5.30-1-VC11-installer.exe

https://www.apachefriends.org/xampp-files/5.6.14/xampp-win32-5.6.14-1-VC11-installer.exe

Please post your feedback in this thread and we will be happy to improve next XAMPP versions. We continue working on the full integration of the phpMyAdmin advanced configuration to remove the error message.

Thanks!

Beltran:

I'm not get the exe file when I download from the link you provided for xamp-win32-5.6.14. Rather I get this file: xampp-win32-5.6.14-1-VC11-installer[1]

I don't know how to install the xampp stack from this file. My laptop is asking How do you want to open this type of file? And I do not know what application to use to open it.

Any advise or could you send me a link wherein I can get the exe file rather than the installer?

Thanks,
coder1

Operating System: Windows 8.1

Postby linuxs » 30. October 2015 21:31

coder1 wrote:

Thanks!

Beltran:

I'm not get the exe file when I download from the link you provided for xamp-win32-5.6.14. Rather I get this file: xampp-win32-5.6.14-1-VC11-installer[1]

I don't know how to install the xampp stack from this file. My laptop is asking How do you want to open this type of file? And I do not know what application to use to open it.

Any advise or could you send me a link wherein I can get the exe file rather than the installer?

Thanks,

Hi, both links work for me, what browser are you using ?
linuxs

Postby coder1 » 30. October 2015 21:34

IE 11.
coder1

Postby coder1 » 30. October 2015 21:44

Thanks linxus. I used Chrome and looks like I got both the exe and the install file downloaded. I'll fire it up later to test it.
coder1

Postby linuxs » 30. October 2015 21:49

coder1 wrote:Thanks linxus. I used Chrome and looks like I got both the exe and the install file downloaded. I'll fire it up later to test it.

:D Ohh so you have problems with IE not working ?? That is something new .. NO ONE have issues with IE XDDD
linuxs

Postby coder1 » 30. October 2015 21:58

Good old IE. Largest pain the ass to web devs.
coder1

Postby coder1 » 31. October 2015 02:48

Don't shoot the messenger; however.

Installed xampp-win32-5.6.14-1-VC11-installer.exe that Beltran posted earlier today. After the install I rebooted and things worked completely normal using the PMA supplied in the stack posted by Beltran today. I was able to make user accounts and assign privileges specific to a particular database and the password was assigned when the user was created and it, as well as the database specific privileges, retained after hitting the go button (i.e. saving).

Then I rebooted to test further. That's when things got ugly. Using the PMA supplied in the stack posted by Beltran today I got the error unexpected closing brackets (i.e. linuxs' screen shot). Which again met that table db had the user data I had created in my first session. Thus, as in the past, I could not access the users in the User account tab.

Rebooted again. This time I could get to the users via the User account tab. In my PMA User account page in the Action column I have both Edit privileges and Export options. I notice in linxus screen shot posted 30. October 2015 14:25 his Action column does not have the Edit privileges link. Don't understand the difference since we're both using the same PMA version. Nonetheless, clicking on the Edit privileges link in the User accounts overview page I get the SQL error #1030 - Got error 175 "File too short; Expected more data in file" from storage engine MyISAM. And again, the reason for that error is that no user data is in table db. Somehow MariaDB is deleting all the user data from table db on the reboot or at some point in an SQL execution. As I recall, version 10.0.17 did not do that; yet that was little solace because the linuxs SQL error precluded one from accessing the User account overview page which is where the Edit privileges link solely exists.

In making a new user and attempting to assign privileges database specific I get the following error:
Error
Static analysis:
1 errors were found during analysis.
1. Unrecognized statement type. (near "GRANT" at
position 0)
SQL query: Edit
GRANT SELECT ON `test`.* TO 'joeblow'@'%';
MySQL said:
#126 - Incorrect key file for table
'.\mysql\db.MYI'; try to repair it

Even when I did not get the above error for the new user that was created after the 4th reboot, the database specific privileges would not save even though it stated: You have updated the privileges for 'joeblow'@'%'. Table db is still completely empty including no joeblow. Yet PMA stated joeblow's privileges were updated. Therefore effective creation of new users is impossible.

In sum, at least from my testing, one is unable to Manage Users with this stack.
coder1

Postby Nobbie » 31. October 2015 12:21

linuxs wrote: :D Ohh so you have problems with IE not working ?? That is something new .. NO ONE have issues with IE XDDD

No, this download problem is a known error (there have been similar questions already months ago), i dont know the reason for it (seems, that a redirection is not working properly in IE) and i dont know, if it is a bug or not. It simply does not work as in other browsers (i also tested Firefox and Opera).

With Windows 10, IE is replaced by "Edge" (the new Microsoft Browser), dont know, if it works better.
Nobbie

Postby JJ_Tagy » 31. October 2015 13:39

Edge is terrible as a browser, in my opinion. Aesthetically it is "pretty" but functionally I hate it. IE11 was left on my machine when upgrading so it might still be shipped with W10. They just hide any shortcut or reference to it during upgrade even if it was your default browser.
JJ_Tagy

XAMPP version: 5.5.15
Operating System: Windows 10 Pro x64

Postby coder1 » 31. October 2015 17:15

Beltran,

Opening up XAMPP this morning everything was normal. That is, the users, that had table specific privileges, I created last night were present again (i.e. table db was mysteriously properly repopulated) and could get to privileges. In other words, with data in table db I could still open up User accounts overview page without getting the linuxs screen shot error.

Then on reboot, MariaDB had "ate its young". Table db was empty thus could get to User accounts overview page but clicking on the Edit privilege link of a user I created last night I could not get to the edit page because, of course, table db was empty.

Also after my first reboot, I got garbage data (or fictitious users) in the User accounts overview page, similar to linuxs screen shot above, and that garbage data remains in the display of User accounts overview page. Also, at times after shutting down XAMPP and restarting the garbage data is not only on the display of User accounts overview page; but also, in table user of database MySQL and it is also in table db along with the users I created last night. I would include the screen shots but can't figure out how to put a screen shot in this forum.
coder1

Postby linuxs » 31. October 2015 17:33

coder1 wrote:Beltran,

Opening up XAMPP this morning everything was normal. That is, the users, that had table specific privileges, I created last night were present again (i.e. table db was mysteriously properly repopulated) and could get to privileges. In other words, with data in table db I could still open up User accounts overview page without getting the linuxs screen shot error.

Then on reboot, MariaDB had "ate its young". Table db was empty thus could get to User accounts overview page but clicking on the Edit privilege link of a user I created last night I could not get to the edit page because, of course, table db was empty.

Also after my first reboot, I got garbage data (or fictitious users) in the User accounts overview page, similar to linuxs screen shot above, and that garbage data remains in the display of User accounts overview page. Also, at times after shutting down XAMPP and restarting the garbage data is not only on the display of User accounts overview page; but also, in table user of database MySQL and it is also in table db along with the users I created last night. I would include the screen shots but can't figure out how to put a screen shot in this forum.

Hi, well sadly it just happened to me the exact same thing this morning when i restarted my machine. :(
Sometimes the error (the SQL brackets) appears again.

ººººThe way i put screen shot is going to tinypic.com and upload your screen shot there and copy paste the "[img]" link here. (I chose to resize to 1024x768 so the image doesn't get too big ) .ºººº
linuxs

Postby dfish17 » 31. October 2015 20:37

I installed the 5.6.14.1 and was no longer getting the sql query error listed above, however when I am trying to install my version of a drupal theme in htdocs, I am getting the following error in the log when trying to connect to the database.

2015-10-31 15:18:44 17888 [ERROR] Incorrect definition of table mysql.proc: expected column 'sql_mode' at position 14 to have type set('REAL_AS_FLOAT','PIPES_AS_CONCAT','ANSI_QUOTES','IGNORE_SPACE','IGNORE_BAD_TABLE_OPTIONS','ONLY_FULL_GROUP_BY','NO_UNSIGNED_SUBTRACTION','NO_DIR_IN_CREATE','POSTGRESQL','ORACLE','MSSQL','DB2','MAXDB','NO_KEY_OPTIONS','NO_TABLE_OPTIONS','NO_FIELD_OPTIONS','MYSQL323','MYSQL40','ANSI','NO_AUTO_VALUE_ON_ZERO','NO_BACKSLASH_ESCAPES','STRICT_TRANS_TABLES','STRICT_ALL_TABLES','NO_ZERO_IN_DATE','NO_ZERO_DATE','INVA
2015-10-31 15:18:44 18316 [ERROR] Missing system table mysql.roles_mapping; please run mysql_upgrade to create it
2015-10-31 15:18:44 18316 [ERROR] Missing system table mysql.roles_mapping; please run mysql_upgrade to create it

Any help is greatly appreciated.
dfish17

Operating System: Windows 7

PreviousNext

Return to XAMPP for Windows