Access through xampp (apache)

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

Access through xampp (apache)

Postby makmp » 11. October 2015 11:56

I've installed xampp server on my pc where my radio web site is hosted. In my radio page there is a tab called "requests". When a listener press this tab, he connects to mysql which runs on my pc and can search and choose the song he wants to listen to. When i was hiring web hosting service, the host should add my pc's ip (where mysql is running) to the server's safe list so listeners could have access to requests. How i can do this with apache server, so listeners from the web could access mysql which runs on the same pc with apache (another instance not the one that was installed with xampp)?
makmp

Operating System: windows 7

Re: Access through xampp (apache)

Postby JJ_Tagy » 11. October 2015 14:22

Just don't start the MySQL instance included in XAMPP. All pieces are independent of each other.
JJ_Tagy

XAMPP version: 5.5.15
Operating System: Windows 10 Pro x64

Postby makmp » 11. October 2015 14:57

JJ_Tagy wrote:Just don't start the MySQL instance included in XAMPP. All pieces are independent of each other.

Everything runs smoothly, apache with sql, the other sql that i have. The problem is that listeners cannot access the other sql. Something has to do with permissions from the outside world to mysql (not the one from apache). How my previous host could manage that with just putting my ip to safe list?
makmp

Postby JJ_Tagy » 12. October 2015 03:34

I'm not sure how it was on the previous host, but it is most likely just an IP based whitelist in the mysql table called `user`.
JJ_Tagy

XAMPP version: 5.5.15
Operating System: Windows 10 Pro x64

Postby makmp » 12. October 2015 10:32

JJ_Tagy wrote:I'm not sure how it was on the previous host, but it is most likely just an IP based whitelist in the mysql table called `user`.

The thing is that mysql is at my local pc. The host permits from the server the access to my ip (local pc, where mysql is)
makmp

Return to XAMPP for Windows