Control Panel Trouble

Problems with the Mac OS X version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

Control Panel Trouble

Postby luismaciandagnino » 19. August 2015 07:41

Hi Forum! I'm having problems to use Xampp in Mac OS X Yosemite. When I install everything is ok, but when i put localhost on the browser appears this message:

You have succefully installed Xampp on this system! Now you can start using apache, mysql, php and other components, etc..

But doesn't appear the control panel anywhere. I took a look on the skype conf because I've been reading that uses the 80 port but mine says it's using 46970, so I'm lost because I don't know what these can be.

Thanks for help
luismaciandagnino

Operating System: Mac OS X Yosemite

Re: Control Panel Trouble

Postby Nobbie » 20. August 2015 11:42

Which control panel?

When you see the message (as you described), everything is fine. SImply put your own scripts and HTML documents into htdocs folder and run them in your browser, that is the goal of Xampp.
Nobbie

Postby luismaciandagnino » 20. August 2015 13:47

Thanks!
luismaciandagnino

Operating System: Mac OS X Yosemite

Postby educ99 » 22. September 2015 04:00

I think he's talking about de welcome page that was shown in previous versions. I have the same problem. I don't get the welcome page and the directory /Applications/XAMPP/xamppfiles/htdocs/xampp isn't installed. (the last one - xampp - where does it have splash.php (for language) and index.php (welcome page).
My system is MAC OS 10.10.5
XAMPP version: 5.612
Thanks.
educ99

Operating System: mac os yosemite

Postby Nobbie » 22. September 2015 20:51

educ99 wrote:I have the same problem. I don't get the welcome page and the directory /Applications/XAMPP/xamppfiles/htdocs/xampp isn't installed.

The old "welcome" page has been removed. Only the documentation has still not been updated. Put your own files to Xampp htdocs folder and run them, as supposed. The idea of Xampp is NOT a poor welcome screen, but to give you the opportunity to run your own scripts on your own localhost.
Nobbie

Return to XAMPP for macOS