Oracle database connectivity correction

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

Oracle database connectivity correction

Postby akashchawda » 27. June 2015 08:01

In xampp version 5.6.8 for Windows(latest) while connecting to oracle databsase 10g or 11g we need to uncomment

;extension=php_oci8.dll ; Use with Oracle 10gR2 Instant Client

;extension=php_oci8_11g.dll ; Use with Oracle 11gR2 Instant Client

in the file php.ini

but in the extension directory extension_dir="C:\xampp\php\ext"

this dll is saved as php_oci8_12c.dll

so in order to connect to oracle database there is a conflict in name while connecting so this problem needs to be rectified make the name same in both the location.
akashchawda

Operating System: windows 7

Re: Oracle database connectivity correction

Postby glitzi85 » 28. June 2015 17:35

I think the php.ini is from the php package (which actually contains the oci8 and oci8_11g dlls). XAMPP comes with oci8_12c which is not from php but from PECL.
The configuration is only sparsely adjusted to the actual changes. Especially if you look into seldom used extensions like Oracle.
glitzi85

Postby akashchawda » 01. July 2015 14:42

yes , sir that might be true but due to difference in name at the both location xampp will never be connected to oracle database and these need to be corrected by apachefriends.org or their oracle user might end up in frustration due to this silly mistake.
akashchawda

Operating System: windows 7

Postby jewels » 03. December 2015 04:19

so, this is a mistake from xampp?? im so frustated about this.. i use xampp 5.6.14, but when i uncomment the extensions,
extension=php_oci8_11g.dll ; Use with Oracle 11gR2 Instant Client, i still can not connect into my oracle database.. is there still no soultion for this case?
jewels

Operating System: windows

Return to XAMPP for Windows