can't log in to myphp admin

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

can't log in to myphp admin

Postby bobby25 » 23. May 2015 18:13

first go i set a username and password in phpmyadmin. then went to phpmyadmin and used same user and password and can't log in. changed the config.ini.php file to reflect u and p restarted windows and still can't log in to mysql server.?
any help or suggestions would be vastly appreciated. thank you.
bobby25

Operating System: win7

Re: can't log in to myphp admin

Postby glitzi85 » 23. May 2015 20:29

Where exactly did you set Username and Password? Setting username and password in the config.inc.php does not work without further configuration, you also have to change the authentication method. However, I do not recommend this setup, because that kind of renders the use of Credentials useless.
glitzi85

Postby bobby25 » 23. May 2015 22:44

i now know what username and password i used. it was for mysql server in xampp localhost. i used cookies for authentication. should i change that? and i did change config.ini.php, but not correct settings for user nor password. should i leave them blank? that's for continued support. i'd be lost without your knowledge and willingness to share.
bobby25

Postby glitzi85 » 23. May 2015 23:07

Please answer my question: Where exactly did you set your password? In the phpMyAdmin Interface or the XAMPP Security Console?

I recommend using a minimal configuration for phpMyadmin:

Code: Select all
<?php
$cfg['blowfish_secret'] = 'CHANGEME!!!';
$i = 0;
$i++;
$cfg['Servers'][$i]['auth_type']     = 'cookie';      // Authentication method (config, http or cookie based)
$cfg['Servers'][$i]['extension'] = 'mysqli';
$cfg['Servers'][$i]['host'] = 'localhost';
$cfg['Servers'][$i]['connect_type'] = 'tcp';
?>
glitzi85

Postby bobby25 » 24. May 2015 01:32

thanks. i have set up everything and now i'm in wordpress and will configure themes etc tomorrow.
you have been a real help and the sign of intelligence is to share knowledge. that;s you.
thank you very much i'm sure that by helping me you have helped many others.
bobby25

Postby bobby25 » 27. May 2015 01:07

is control panel supposed to self start? mine does as soon as it boots apache and mysql start up? never happened previously.
bobby25

Return to XAMPP for Windows