libmysql_.dll is missing - install_driver(mysql) failed

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

libmysql_.dll is missing - install_driver(mysql) failed

Postby rad1964 » 24. March 2015 21:38

Hello, I am installing Movable Type to my XAMPP environment.
Details:
XAMPP 5.6.3
Movable Type 6.0.5
Windows 7 x64

I have already installed two different versions of WordPress to my XAMPP.
When installing Movable Type, I ran into some issues. I put the mt-static folder at the root ,in htdocs, (renaming it movabletype), all the other files got moved to the cgi-bin, just outside of the htdocs root. I altered the first line of all the .cgi files to be #!C:/xampp/perl/bin/perl.exe while in my mt-config.cfi, I have the following:

CGIPath http://localhost/cgi-bin/mt/
StaticWebPath http://localhost/movabletype
##### MYSQL #####
ObjectDriver DBI::mysql
Database movetype
DBUser root
#DBPassword
DBHost localhost

When I go to the movable Type check page: http://localhost/cgi-bin/mt/mt-check.cgi I get this: The MT-Check report is disabled when Movable Type has a valid configuration file (mt-config.cgi) with a pop-up that says: perl.exe - System Error: The program can't start because LIBEAY32_.dll is missing from your computer.

When I go to the movable Type Install page: localhost/cgi-bin/mt/mt.cgi I get this: install_driver(mysql) failed: Attempt to reload DBD/mysql.pm aborted. Compilation failed in require, and a pop-up that says: The program can't start because libmysql_.dll is missing from your computer.

After searching with Google I found a few supposed answers: copy the libmysql.dll from mysql/lib to perl/bin whch did not work and another source said to copy the libmysql.dll to C:\xampp\perl\site\lib\auto\DBD\mysql but my file structure did not have any more folders in C:\xampp\perl\site\lib\ I created them and copied the .dll but that did nothing so i removed the /auto/DBD/mysql/libmysql.dll

Yikes! Any ideas?

Thanks for your time,

rad1964
rad1964

Operating System: windows 7 x64

Re: libmysql_.dll is missing - install_driver(mysql) failed

Postby rad1964 » 24. March 2015 22:33

After I hid my config and ran mt-check again I got a long list which boils down to this:
Movable Type System Check Successful

You're ready to go! Your server has all of the required modules installed; you do not need to perform any additional module installations. Continue with the installation instructions.
Aside from missing .dlls,
libmysql.dll, libeay32.dll, libxml2-2.dll, libgd-2.dll, libexpat-1.dll
All of were found in one file or another on my system, what the heck!
rad1964

Postby rad1964 » 21. April 2015 16:12

Anyone..? Bueller?
rad1964

Postby mark.mcdonald » 21. April 2015 17:00

I know I have experienced issues in the past when renaming something as other files make calls to that specific name. If that name is changed then it says it can't be found regardless of the fact you can see it and know where it is.
Something tells me because you renamed mt-static (unless it says to in the instructions) to moveable type or altering the location of your cgi files to #!C:/... vs leaving them alone (don't understand why this had to be changed).
The system can't find your dll's because they aren't located where the system is looking for them. If you can try and turn on show errors to see if it will show you where its looking for these files.
mark.mcdonald

Operating System: Windows Server 2012 R2

Postby rad1964 » 21. April 2015 23:10

That was exactly my issue, renaming the mt-static is apparently a no-no! MT is now installed on xampp windows environment!

Thank you!
rad1964
rad1964

Return to XAMPP for Windows