phpMyAdmin #2002 & #1045 Error in Win7

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

phpMyAdmin #2002 & #1045 Error in Win7

Postby wolfiegrl » 12. March 2015 04:01

Hey folks, need some help.

When I try to access phpMyAdmin, I get the following error:
#2002 - No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it.
The server is not responding (or the local server's socket is not correctly configured).

I've been searching online with no luck.

I tried modifying my.ini, removing the # from the bind-address="127.0.0.1" line. That didn't help.
MySQL is green in the XAMPP Control Panel. Tried stopping and starting the service. No luck.

From what I'm reading it sounds like it may be a port issue? But can't figure out how to troubleshoot. My Norton is expired. I uninstalled Skype just in case. Not sure what to try.

I used to code in ASP & SQL so my http://localhost points there. Per the XAMPP install guide, I have to access it via http://localhost:1234/xampp/ which works fine. PHP is green everywhere.

If anyone can help me I'd really appreciate it. A week of searching and trying things and absolutely no luck. :(

Thanks!
Last edited by wolfiegrl on 14. March 2015 03:23, edited 1 time in total.
wolfiegrl

Operating System: Win 7 Pro

Re: Help!! phpMyAdmin #2002 Error

Postby wolfiegrl » 13. March 2015 00:22

Anyone out there able to help?
wolfiegrl

Postby wolfiegrl » 14. March 2015 01:42

Please, if anyone can help me. I've tried every suggestion I can find in this forum and nothing is working.

I'm using Windows 7 Pro
I had to do some work to get XAMMP up and running after installing. I access it at http://localhost:1234/xampp/. I had to change the port to 1234 to get it to run (followed an online tutorial)
Windows Firewall Monitoring is showing MySQL56 is using local port 3307. Nothing else is listed as using 3307.
Services is showing myswl is running
XAMPP control panel shows that it's running
XAMPP status page shows MySQL database is deactivated. I read this might be a false reading but I can't get into phpMyAdmin to tell.
When I click on phpMyAdmin, I get the 2002 error

- I've tried to change the user and password
- I've tried changing the auth_type to cookie
- I've tried changing the controluser and controlpass
- I've tried stopping other services of anything that could conflict

I'm a web developer who used to code in ASP. Been awhile and now back trying to learn PHP.
I don't know anything about servers or ports. I come from a designer background, not an engineering/enterprise background.

I don't know what else to try or do. Any help would be really appreciated.
wolfiegrl

Postby wolfiegrl » 14. March 2015 03:01

I've also tried changing the $cfg['Servers'][$i]['host'] = 'localhost:3307'; line, to locahost from 127.0.0.1, and now to localhost:3307.
I've read through all posts in this forum referencing 2002
I've readh through all the posts on stackoverflow referencing 2002
Some things I'm not sure how to do when it's talking about command type changes. I'm also afraid to break something else if I try something not relevant.

I removed the # on the 2nd line here:
# Change here for bind listening
bind-address="127.0.0.1"
# bind-address = ::1 # for ipv6

When I try running the mysql_start.bat file in the xampp folder I get a message saying: "MySQL could not be started"

When I try running the mysql_installservice file in the xampp-->mysql folder, I get a message saying:
Installing MySQL as an Service
The system cannot find the file specified
Install/Remove of the Service Denied!
Try to start the MySQL deamon as service ...
System error 5 has occurred
Access is denied.

My the XAMPP Control Panel shows MySQL is running
It's Green, I can Stop and Start, it says PID 12028 and Port 3307.

I've also tried uninstalling and reinstalling MySQL via teh XAMPP Control Panel.
wolfiegrl

Postby wolfiegrl » 14. March 2015 03:03

Now here's an odd thing.

Instead of getting a #2002 error, when I try to access phpMyAdmin in Firefox, instead I'm getting a #1045 error?!?!?! I have no idea what this means. Why would the error change depending on the browser?
wolfiegrl

Re: phpMyAdmin #2002 & #1045 Error in Win7

Postby mark.mcdonald » 16. March 2015 16:12

Apache and MySQL typically take up ports 80, 443, 3306. What is using your port 80 and 3306? Start Command Prompt by clicking the windows button and typing cmd.exe in the "Search Programs and Files" area. Type Netstat -o in Command prompt to find out what's using these ports
Have you tried stopping your current xampp. Downloading a fresh copy and starting it to see if it will go straight to phpmyadmin from your localhost? Or does it have troubles starting from ports being used?
mark.mcdonald

Operating System: Windows Server 2012 R2

Return to XAMPP for Windows