Urgent: Making a Xampp/Drupal website accessible on a domain

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

Urgent: Making a Xampp/Drupal website accessible on a domain

Postby Boba Fett » 05. March 2015 12:19

Hello,

First of all my apologies for the hurries and urgency.

I have done a website with Xampp and Drupal and now I need to make this one accesible for all the computers of a domain mounted on a Windows Server 2008.

How could I do this? I haven't find a solution so far and I only have a few days left to accomplish this task.

There are only W7 clients on the domain and I have installed Xampp on a W7 as well as on Windows Server 2008, but I rather user the W7 machine.

Currently you can only enter on the machine is installed by going to "localhost/tolan" on the web browser.

My deepest thanks for your help,

Boba
Last edited by Boba Fett on 12. March 2015 11:34, edited 2 times in total.
Boba Fett

Operating System: Windows server 2008

Re: Urgent: Making a Xampp/Drupal website accessible on a do

Postby Nobbie » 05. March 2015 13:06

There is nothing to do, simply enter the LAN IP of the Windows/Xampp Server in the clients browser like http://192.168.2.1 or similar. Of simply use the Domain Name or Network Name of that PC (as it is configured in the system setup), lets assume you called it "MyXamppPC" simply enter http://MyXamppPC in the browsers.
Nobbie

Postby Boba Fett » 05. March 2015 13:29

Nobbie wrote:There is nothing to do, simply enter the LAN IP of the Windows/Xampp Server in the clients browser like http://192.168.2.1 or similar. Of simply use the Domain Name or Network Name of that PC (as it is configured in the system setup), lets assume you called it "MyXamppPC" simply enter http://MyXamppPC in the browsers.

Thanks Nobbie,

I've tried to enter the IP like this "http://192.168.1.3/tolan" but it won't get me to the Drupal page. I will try as you said as soon as I can and post my progress.

Thaks again.
Last edited by Boba Fett on 12. March 2015 11:34, edited 2 times in total.
Boba Fett

Postby Nobbie » 05. March 2015 14:30

As you did not provide any error message, i dont have a clue what is going wrong. Anyway, if you installed Drupal/Wordpress etc., you have been asked for a Domain/Host Name; if you are planning to use Drupal later on via LAN (as here), you MUST NOT enter "localhost" or similar, you also have to enter 192.168.1.3 and you as well should enter 192.168.1.3 on the Xampp PC into the browser to access Xampp.

Maybe there is a LISTEN Option in httdp.conf which yields to localhost (LISTEN localhost, or LISTEN 127.0.0.1). In that case you should add a second LISTEN directive which says "LISTEN 192.168.1.3.". Finally you have to proof that there is no firewall blocking Port 80 from external requests (as well for Port 443).
Nobbie

Postby Boba Fett » 05. March 2015 15:11

Nobbie wrote:As you did not provide any error message, i dont have a clue what is going wrong. Anyway, if you installed Drupal/Wordpress etc., you have been asked for a Domain/Host Name; if you are planning to use Drupal later on via LAN (as here), you MUST NOT enter "localhost" or similar, you also have to enter 192.168.1.3 and you as well should enter 192.168.1.3 on the Xampp PC into the browser to access Xampp.

Maybe there is a LISTEN Option in httdp.conf which yields to localhost (LISTEN localhost, or LISTEN 127.0.0.1). In that case you should add a second LISTEN directive which says "LISTEN 192.168.1.3.". Finally you have to proof that there is no firewall blocking Port 80 from external requests (as well for Port 443).

Hello Nobbie,

I've been talking with a friend who told me the same thing about the httdp.conf file, If lucky I would be available to give it a fast try over three hours, otherwise I'm going to have to wait till tomorrow morning.

I'm sorry about that Nobbie, I had to leave the bulding right after finishing this post and I hadn't thought of adding the error, I will next time if it persists.

Again thank you, I trully appreciate your help.

Boba
Boba Fett

Postby Boba Fett » 06. March 2015 08:17

Hello again,

You were correct, I did change the file to LISTEN to all petitions going thru port 80.

Now it can be access by any computer on the domain by using the alias I asigned to the machine on the DNS.

Thank you for the help.

Boba
Boba Fett

Return to XAMPP for Windows