MySql and Apache2 running on start, need to kill.

Problems with the Linux version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

MySql and Apache2 running on start, need to kill.

Postby DumperZ » 14. February 2015 11:55

Hello all

I am using Xubuntu 12.04 64 and Xampp 5.6.3-0, always after restarting the computer if i want to manually launch Xampp, no luck apache2 and mysql would not launch because they are already running, don't know how.
I always need to kill it as follow, to get it working :
Code: Select all
sudo /etc/init.d/mysql stop
sudo /etc/init.d/apache2 stop

After that everything is running normally.

Another thing, if I kill both processes and start Xampp i am not able to run Laurux which is ERP software for enterprise using MySql as well but not in server mode.

I was thinking about a conflict between MySql server mode and non server, i don't know enough about MySql to understand the difference between both modes, and why getting this problem.

Laurux is important software for my activity and please how to resolve this annoying problem , because i need to run a PHP software at same time with Laurux wich is Gambas software running in OS directly.

Thanks by advance.
DumperZ

Operating System: Linux Xubuntu 12.04 64

Re: MySql and Apache2 running on start, need to kill.

Postby Nobbie » 14. February 2015 14:38

DumperZ wrote:don't know how.

Because you already have installed Apache and MySQL out of the (X)Ubuntu Repositories (with the help of the software center). The Xampp Installation differs from the Ubuntu Installation and herewith you have two different installations of the same software, but in very different folders. Either Xubuntu installs Apache, MySQL per Default, or you have been asked explicitely on Installation (but probably forgot it up to now) or you installed it later on via software center.

Usually I would recommend to uninstall this Xubuntu Apache/MySQL, but unfortunately, your Laurux needs it furthermore. That is a pain.

You either have to decide on startup, which of you two Installations you are going to use for the day, or you should think about removing Xampp, as you dont really need Xampp, because there is already Apache and MySQL installed. You should have tested that before blindly installing Xampp.
Nobbie

Postby DumperZ » 14. February 2015 15:58

Thank for your quick reply,
Yes surely i installed it manually i think, i can't choose which soft i need, they are complementary ,and both of them complete missing features of the other one.

How to run the the PHP soft out of the server then ? When i stop xampp, if i use the server style link 'localhost.. ' in firefox nothing working, and same if i use absolute system path, just downloading the php file.
DumperZ

Postby Nobbie » 14. February 2015 19:45

DumperZ wrote:How to run the the PHP soft out of the server then ? When i stop xampp, if i use the server style link 'localhost.. ' in firefox nothing working, and same if i use absolute system path, just downloading the php file.

I dont know, this is Xubuntu question. Maybe you did not install PHP, or not correctly, or whatever. I cannot you help you on that.
Nobbie

Postby DumperZ » 16. February 2015 11:20

Ok i found how to do under Xubuntu

Needs to plae the files to run in the folder /var/www/ , there is the 'server' root when running without server.
DumperZ

Return to XAMPP for Linux