getting xampp online(solved)

Problems with the Linux version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

getting xampp online(solved)

Postby garryr » 31. January 2015 18:44

Hello all, I am new to the forum and all though I have used xampp just as localhost, I had never tried to put it online. Ok well I did some searches, but that has left me more confused then before, I get to many different "guesses" and options, But I do get the impression xampp is not ready to be used online as server, just "out of the box" so to speak.
The thing is, Is there some particular file or setting that I need to edit or set, before it can be used online ? The searches I did, one said, that opt/lampp/etc/httpd.cnf needs editing, another said php.ini, then others said other files,...isn't there a simple, clear ,standard way to put it online ?
Any info would be appreciated,
thanks in advance
garryr

Operating System: linux debial

Re: getting xampp online(solved)

Postby garryr » 02. February 2015 15:15

Found my solution, never did get xampp online, nor a response here, so I decided to try NGINX, and it works great, right out of the"box".
garryr

Operating System: linux debial

Re: getting xampp online(solved)

Postby Nobbie » 02. February 2015 16:05

garryr wrote:Found my solution, never did get xampp online, nor a response here, so I decided to try NGINX, and it works great, right out of the"box".

You cannot compare "Xampp" to "NGINX". Instead you should have compared "Apache" to "NGINX", as both are Webservers. Xampp is not a Wevserver, it is a full development environment (incl. Webserver Apache and much more, but designed for development only).
Nobbie

Return to XAMPP for Linux