permissions on files and folders

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

permissions on files and folders

Postby asd » 04. December 2014 01:14

hi
sorry for the stupid question
I understand that for Win does not exist exactly such thing as CHNOD, but it is possible to somehow set file and folder permissions on the local server to test all the variants, and then move to real server?
thanks in advance
asd

Operating System: win

Re: permissions on files and folders

Postby JJ_Tagy » 04. December 2014 03:56

Not really a stupid question.

Are you moving to a Windows-based server or a Linux-based server? You won't be able to replicate the same permissions/quirks in Windows if it is the latter.
JJ_Tagy

XAMPP version: 5.5.15
Operating System: Windows 10 Pro x64

Postby asd » 04. December 2014 10:45

moving to a Linux-based server...
some process (plugin) rewrite .htaccess on a linux server, and I try to reproduce all the conditions to find the reason.
on the main Linux server .htaccess chmod 644. but it's rewritten 1-2 times per day ... (((
but the file itself (inside) is not changed, just new time in column "date of change"
asd

Postby Nobbie » 04. December 2014 11:03

asd wrote:on the main Linux server .htaccess chmod 644. but it's rewritten 1-2 times per day ... (((
but the file itself (inside) is not changed, just new time in column "date of change"

Either try to change the permission to 444 (this makes it read-only, even for the owner) or ask your provider, if there is any backup/restore feature is activated or similar, this looks as if the file is "touched" every couple of hours.
Nobbie

Postby asd » 04. December 2014 12:07

provider says it's not him ..
he is doing backups, but does not overwrite files ..
I think it is someone from plugins (((
asd

Return to XAMPP for Windows