404 error even though file exists

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

404 error even though file exists

Postby Zuris » 09. August 2014 15:15

Code: Select all
Hi. I am having a problem with a 404 error in XAMPP that I'm getting when heading to index.php. Index.php does exist in the current directory, but I am getting a 404 Not Found error when trying to load it in the browser. I am using XAMPP 1.8.3-4 with the DocumentRoot set to F:/xampp/www (My flash drive), with F:/ plugged into my computer. My files are located inside F:/xampp/www. I started getting this error last night, but don't know what is causing it. I have tried removing the .htaccess that is in the directory, thinking that would solve the issue, but it hasn't. I have also tried unplugging my flash drive and plugging it in again, but this didn't work either
I am using Windows NT 6.3 (Windows 8.1), with XAMPP 1.8.3-4. This problem is getting annoying now, as my custom 404 page's title is loading properly but the body is not :(

PS: Sorry about the CODE tags. I just like fixed-width fonts
Zuris

Operating System: Windows NT 6.3 (Windows 8.1)

Re: 404 error even though file exists

Postby JJ_Tagy » 09. August 2014 16:34

Index.php exists or index.php exists. Note the difference. Also, check your Apache access log to determine the requested URL vs. expected URL. Also check your file extension to make sure it isn't index.php.txt or something similar.
JJ_Tagy

XAMPP version: 5.5.15
Operating System: Windows 10 Pro x64

Re: 404 error even though file exists

Postby Zuris » 09. August 2014 17:01

Code: Select all
Sorry. I did "Index.php" instead of "index.php" because it was the start of a sentence, and I really hate having sentences start lowercase. And I'm using Sublime Text 2 to edit the code, which by default doesn't save an extension unless one is defined in the filename, apparently. I also checked the Apache access AND error logs, and they both aren't any help at all, with the access log just saying I requested "/" and the error log outputting no errors at all
Zuris

Operating System: Windows NT 6.3 (Windows 8.1)

Return to XAMPP for Windows