Slow accessing a Cakephp site

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

Slow accessing a Cakephp site

Postby WindFire » 03. April 2014 22:48

Hi there,

I've been using XAMPP on a new Windows 8 machine for about 2 months now but I can't get it to work fast. I have tried numerous tips such as disabling ipv6, using the ip (127.0.0.1) instead of localhost, etc, but nothing speeds up.

The site is a Cakephp site and was working fine on a Mac. Also, I tried to use Wampserver and got the same results. In short, a web page takes about 5 seconds to load.

How can I proceed with debugging this sluggish in more detailed level?
WindFire

Operating System: Windows 8 64-bits

Re: Slow accessing a Cakephp site

Postby Alex R4 » 09. April 2014 05:50

Hi there,
Looking for the first time at http://cakephp.org/, this is a fully blown MVC development an production environment. Under the heading Batteries included they say:
The things you need are built-in. Translations, database access, caching, validation, authentication, and much more are all built into one of the original PHP MVC frameworks.
Under the heading Secure they say:
CakePHP comes with built-in tools for input validation, CSRF protection, Form tampering protection, SQL injection prevention, and XSS prevention, helping you keep your application safe & secure.

And all these modules have to be consulted during the construction of a web page? Just from looking at that workload, it is only natural that it takes it's fair share of processing time.

What I would like to know is, how do you see XAMPP fitting into this scenario?
Alex R4

Operating System: Windows 7

Return to XAMPP for Windows