"The procedure entry point mysql_get_parameters could not be

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

"The procedure entry point mysql_get_parameters could not be

Postby Perl_Man » 19. March 2014 00:37

When I try to run localhost/cgi-bin/connectionHandles.cgi in Firefox I get error:
"The program can't start because libmysql.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem."

---I tried reinstalling XAMPP and adding the both perl/bin and mysql/bin in the system variables.

After copying libmysql.dll from mysql/lib and pasting it to mysql/bin I get the same error.

Then I renamed libmysql.dll in mysql/bin to libmysql_.dll and I get:
"The procedure entry point mysql_get_parameters could not be located in the dynamic link library libmysql_.dll"

--so the problem changed... which means it recognized the libmysql_.dll file

If I repeat the above with libmysqld.dll I get the same thing as above.

If I paste libmysqld.dll into perl/bin and change it to libmysqld_.dll I get the same error as the last

examples above

--seems this libmysql_ is missing problem has been around for a long time and no one seems to know how to fix it.

I have even downloaded Strawberry Perl and taken the libmysql__.dll to put into my XAMPP but that doesn't work either.

PHP works fine with mysql but Perl doesn't. Anyone have any ideas?
Perl_Man

Operating System: windows 7

Re: "The procedure entry point mysql_get_parameters could no

Postby mack3457 » 02. April 2014 06:28

Just renaming does not help, as they seem to be different.

Download the 32 bit(!) portable apps version (5.16.3 in my case) from "Other releases" at strawberryperl.com, unzip c/bin/libmysql_.dll and copy it to perl/vendor/lib/auto/DBD/mysql directory.

5.16.3 matched my Xampp perl version, so I used that one.

Thomas
mack3457

Operating System: Windows 7

Re: "The procedure entry point mysql_get_parameters could no

Postby SedesGobhani » 23. December 2014 08:04

Thanks mack3457 that helped me. I actually had to copy it to my perl/bin but now it works!
SedesGobhani

Operating System: Win 7 Pro

Return to XAMPP for Windows