Xampp Mysql won't start - not updating ports

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

Xampp Mysql won't start - not updating ports

Postby ThePagan » 19. February 2014 14:16

Hi,

On my control panel MySQL starts for about 3 seconds before just stopping, the log does not show a problem. I assumed it would be down to the ports clashing as I am running this from a USB device so I changed the ports within mysql.ini from 3306 to 3307. Now the log status is now showing me that it is still running on port 3306.

Any ideas why the ports haven't changed and why mysql won't start but not show me any errors?

Thanks
ThePagan

Operating System: windows 7

Re: Xampp Mysql won't start - not updating ports

Postby JJ_Tagy » 19. February 2014 15:32

ThePagan wrote:Hi,

On my control panel MySQL starts for about 3 seconds before just stopping, the log does not show a problem. I assumed it would be down to the ports clashing as I am running this from a USB device so I changed the ports within mysql.ini from 3306 to 3307. Now the log status is now showing me that it is still running on port 3306.

Any ideas why the ports haven't changed and why mysql won't start but not show me any errors?

Thanks

There is no file called mysql.ini. Perhaps you meant my.ini.

You probably didn't change the control panel settings to recognize the change in ports.

As a side note: running from USB does not mean you need to change ports.
JJ_Tagy

XAMPP version: 5.5.15
Operating System: Windows 10 Pro x64

Postby ThePagan » 19. February 2014 16:21

Sorry I did mean my.ini

If I don't need to change the ports do you know why it wouldn't run and not show me an error?
ThePagan

Operating System: windows 7

Postby JJ_Tagy » 19. February 2014 17:56

Too many possibilities. Without config, logs and control panel window contents there is no way to know for sure.
JJ_Tagy

XAMPP version: 5.5.15
Operating System: Windows 10 Pro x64

Return to XAMPP for Windows