Can't make Imagick work

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

Can't make Imagick work

Postby Dugi » 05. February 2014 12:12

When starting XAMPP up and when I checked the PHP error logs, I got the following error:
Code: Select all
[05-Feb-2014 10:57:58 UTC] PHP Warning:  PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library 'C:\xampp\php\ext\php_imagick.dll' - %1 is not a valid Win32 application.

in Unknown on line 0

My operating system is: Windows 8.1 64-bit
My XAMPP version is: 1.8.2 (Apache 2.4, PHP 5.4)

I followed a few tutorials on how to get Imagick working, but I ended up with this error.

What I did to install Imagick:
  • Get the Imagick executable (installation file) from their official site and install it. I got the latest dynamic version
  • Grab a php_imagick.dll file somewhere (can't recall the location) and put it in C:\xampp\php\ext
  • Restart my computer
Then I got the error I've shown you above and phpinfo() wont say anything about Imagick.

When I say convert in a command prompt window, I get information returned which indicates that Imagmagick is installed on my system. I'm assuming I just have the wrong dll file.

Any help to help me solve this would be appreciated.
Dugi

Operating System: Windows 8.1 64-bit

Re: Can't make Imagick work

Postby Nobbie » 05. February 2014 13:07

Dugi wrote:[*]Grab a php_imagick.dll file somewhere (can't recall the location) and put it in C:\xampp\php\ext

... and that is the problem.

This does not work, you cannot simply download *any* php_imagick.dll and put it to your ext folder. The dll must "match" youre PHP installation (same PHP version, same C-Compiler, same Development Libraries etc.).

Either ask Bitnami for a solution and if there is no solution, you cannot run Xampp with Imagick. You should install a different PHP Version (and deinstall Xampp completely), which delivers php_imagick.dll out of the box.

But mostly you have to download the corresponding source and compile it on yourseld. This mostly is a real pain for Users in a Windows Environment. Therefore I recommend to setup a Linux Server and install Apache, PHP etc. there. All these tools are basically developed under Linux (as well as Imagick, this is a linux tool!) and are better maintained under Linux and as well more stable.
Nobbie

Re: Can't make Imagick work

Postby Ghafoer86 » 05. February 2014 19:24

there is missing library on your windows(syswow64).
Never Stop Learning. Make Different's Style. Leading The Innovation.
Ghafoer86

Location: Indonesia - southeast ASIA (City : Palu Province : Central Sulawesi)
XAMPP version: online
Operating System: Android

Return to XAMPP for Windows