Please Help!

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

Please Help!

Postby DNett123 » 19. April 2004 22:29

Hello, I was wondering about this problem I have been having. I do run antoher server but I shut it down while I was trying to use this one! I can go to http://localhost and http://127.0.0.1 but when I try to visit my IP address I can't get it. Sometime's I manage to get the little X over the image(default dir) but others I don't get anyhting. Also after I try that sometimes it won't let me back into localhsot or the other one. What is wrong, it works becuase I am currently running a server but when I use this server I can't?
DNett123

Postby DNett123 » 20. April 2004 01:44

Well I figured out my IP address thing, but now the only problem if after changing the root path, it still takes me to the xampp splash page! What can I do to fix that?

I was also wondering what ports should be open in my router? I have the basic's becuase I have run the basic apache, mysql server but I need to know what thers need to be done!
DNett123

Postby Kristian Marcroft » 20. April 2004 06:54

DNett123 wrote:Well I figured out my IP address thing, but now the only problem if after changing the root path, it still takes me to the xampp splash page! What can I do to fix that?

I was also wondering what ports should be open in my router? I have the basic's becuase I have run the basic apache, mysql server but I need to know what thers need to be done!

Hi,

first of all pls clear your Browsercache.
Did you restart after you change the DocumentRoot?

Ports that need do be open:

80 Apache
443 Apache-SSL
20/21 FTP

Thats all...

So long
KriS
Kristian Marcroft
AF Moderator

Postby DNett123 » 20. April 2004 20:33

KriS wrote:
DNett123 wrote:Well I figured out my IP address thing, but now the only problem if after changing the root path, it still takes me to the xampp splash page! What can I do to fix that?

Hi,

first of all pls clear your Browsercache.
Did you restart after you change the DocumentRoot?

Ports that need do be open:

80 Apache
443 Apache-SSL
20/21 FTP

Thats all...

So long
KriS

Okay yes I have restarted the server after changing the dcument root. I never thought about the browercache tho thanks I'll try that.

As for the port I have all of them open! But when I into the...erm cant think of what it is called(it tells you what is online/offline) most things that are offline are actually online. I knew MySQL used port 3306 so i open that and refreshed the page and it showed it as online. I will make a list of things tha are offline and see in anyone can help me:)
DNett123

Return to XAMPP for Windows