RESOLVED !! But WHY? lost hard drive space Drive C

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

RESOLVED !! But WHY? lost hard drive space Drive C

Postby IamJim » 14. December 2013 19:26

Identified !!

The only way I found the resolution to this? Was using a new defrag program in which during its runtime, it STALLED and displayed for some time this file name(s).

10434 1122566 / 1194953 518.71 MB OK C:\WINDOWS\PCHealth\ErrorRep\UserDumps\httpd.exe.20131214-160122-00.hdmp

6424 1420396 / 1449982 211.41 MB OK C:\WINDOWS\PCHealth\ErrorRep\UserDumps\httpd.exe.20131214-162657-00.hdmp

What baffles me, is to why these files did not show up during a DOS file search of primary C:\ Drive for files greater than 20MEG :?: :?: :?: :?:

Below is Prior post..

PLEASE HELP.. I have been at this for 24 hours with about 6 hours sleep.

I did a search for this term: lost hard drive space < but I did not obtain any results.

Here is the situation, and I am wondering where all my FREE DISK space is going to please. I noticed this activity when I first installed XAMPP and the install was onto a USB drive located Drive: E

a) I installed XAMPP a week ago, selecting e: drive USB.. But before it let me proceed, I had to free up space on Primary C drive first, as for some reason all during the install it was USING space on C and O have no idea why.

b) Well, After the install it released all the space...something like like 500 meg if I remember...but I was starting to actually use it (XAMPP) fr the first time last night finally in which I am using phpMyAdmin to import CSV files into a database.

c) After finally tweaking the proper php.ini, my,ini and config.inc.php files I was successfully able to import a 8meg file with no problems.

I did not really notice at this time, that C drive space was also decreasing yet really but I had over 500 MEG of C: drive when I started this morning.

d) So, now this morning I edited and increased all the areas I needed to IMPORT a 67meg file. During this import, I then got a WARNING that I was running low on disk space and looked and I was down to 72 meg on C drive. I have now cleared temp files freeing 200 meg, but that still does add up to 500?

And, this CSV file DID NOT finish

WHY?? Is what I must ask, is where is this getting used and why IF? XAMPP is on e: ?

datadir = "E:/xampp/mysql/data"
pid_file = "mysql.pid"
skip-external-locking
key_buffer = 16M
max_allowed_packet = 100M

This is really driving me crazy, as mentioned... I can not find any files larger than 50 meg each on C: drive except for the following which I know already existed.

IS this somehow writing to C: drive MySQL in a hidden state?

Thanks..

jim
IamJim

Re: RESOLVED !! But WHY? lost hard drive space Drive C

Postby Nobbie » 14. December 2013 21:27

Why dont you google for "PCHealth" instead of messing around with Xampp, MySQL and so on?!
Nobbie

Postby IamJim » 14. December 2013 22:03

Nobbie wrote:Why dont you google for "PCHealth" instead of messing around with Xampp, MySQL and so on?!

What are you even talking about? Did you read what I wrote?

Just what would that do to tell me 'WHAT HAPPENED" to my drive space, whilst running XAMPP?

IF ?? XAMPP installed on E: Drive, and config is proper, Common Sense would dictate all file related to XAMPP should also be stored there.

XAMPP Creates the files > *.hdmp

Not PCHealth <smile>

Just who knows, other than developers...that this file is created ?

Here is an "after the fact search" for > hdmp < In this English Speaking forum

search.php?keywords=hdmp&fid[0]=16

As you notice, other than my reference to the file extension? 1 other.. and until I isolated this problem of Disk USage unexplained and finding this file typ.. I would have no clue that it is place on C instead of E where XAMPP is installed.

Thoughts?
IamJim

Postby Nobbie » 14. December 2013 23:46

IamJim wrote:Did you read what I wrote?

Yes.

IamJim wrote:XAMPP Creates the files > *.hdmp

Not PCHealth

No. Just vice verse. That is, what i wanna tell you.

Only one quote (of many more):

The .HDMP file extension identifies a Windows Heap Dump is an Error report file created by Microsoft Windows as a part of its critical error logging systems, which can be edited in Windows settings. This file can be viewed in any text editor or word processor.. Incorrect associations are the cause of many file extension errors. Scan your system to prevent, identify and repair HDMP file extension association errors.
Nobbie

Postby IamJim » 18. December 2013 05:03

Thanks much for the reply, sorry about my late one...this is nuts...<smile>
21:49:49 [ERR][ Workbench]: Console redirection failed.
21:49:49 [INF][ WBContext]: Parsing application arguments.
21:49:49 [INF][ WBContext]: C:\Program Files\MySQL\MySQL Workbench 5.2 CE\MySQLWorkbench.exe
21:49:49 [INF][ Workbench]: Starting up Workbench
21:49:49 [INF][ Workbench]: Current environment:
Command line: "C:\Program Files\MySQL\MySQL Workbench 5.2 CE\MySQLWorkbench.exe"
CurrentDirectory: C:\Program Files\MySQL\MySQL Workbench 5.2 CE
HasShutdownStarted: False
OSVersion: Microsoft Windows NT 5.2.3790 Service Pack 2
SystemDirectory: C:\WINDOWS\system32
TickCount: 14517750
UserInteractive: True
Version: 4.0.30319.1008
WorkingSet: 29036544
21:49:49 [INF][ Workbench]: Environment variables:
Path = C:\Program Files\Windows Resource Kits\Tools\;C:\WINDOWS\system32;C:\WINDOWS;C:\WINDOWS\System32\Wbem;C:\Program Files\PuTTY\putty.exe
TEMP = C:\DOCUME~1\ADMINI~1\LOCALS~1\Temp
SESSIONNAME = Console
PATHEXT = .COM;.EXE;.BAT;.CMD;.VBS;.VBE;.JS;.JSE;.WSF;.WSH
USERDOMAIN = TISHLLC-F86C8C1
PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE = x86
SystemDrive = C:
APPDATA = C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Application Data
windir = C:\WINDOWS
TMP = C:\DOCUME~1\ADMINI~1\LOCALS~1\Temp
USERPROFILE = C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator
ProgramFiles = C:\Program Files
FP_NO_HOST_CHECK = NO
HOMEPATH = \Documents and Settings\Administrator
COMPUTERNAME = TISHLLC-F86C8C1
USERNAME = Administrator
NUMBER_OF_PROCESSORS = 2
PROCESSOR_IDENTIFIER = x86 Family 6 Model 7 Stepping 3, GenuineIntel
ClusterLog = C:\WINDOWS\Cluster\cluster.log
SystemRoot = C:\WINDOWS
ComSpec = C:\WINDOWS\system32\cmd.exe
LOGONSERVER = \\TISHLLC-F86C8C1
CommonProgramFiles = C:\Program Files\Common Files
PROCESSOR_LEVEL = 6
PROCESSOR_REVISION = 0703
ALLUSERSPROFILE = C:\Documents and Settings\All Users
OS = Windows_NT
HOMEDRIVE = C:
21:49:49 [INF][ Workbench]: Current version given by meta info is: 5.2.47
21:49:51 [INF][ Workbench]: Setting PATH to: C:\WINDOWS\system32;C:\Program Files\Windows Resource Kits\Tools\;C:\WINDOWS\system32;C:\WINDOWS;C:\WINDOWS\System32\Wbem;C:\Program Files\PuTTY\putty.exe
21:49:51 [INF][ mforms managed]: Initializing mforms wrapper
21:49:56 [INF][ WBContext UI]: Initializing workbench context UI with these values:
base dir: C:\Program Files\MySQL\MySQL Workbench 5.2 CE
plugin path: C:\Program Files\MySQL\MySQL Workbench 5.2 CE
struct path:
module path: C:\Program Files\MySQL\MySQL Workbench 5.2 CE/modules
library path: C:\Program Files\MySQL\MySQL Workbench 5.2 CE
user data dir: C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Application Data\MySQL\Workbench
open at start:
open type:
run at startup:
run type:
Force SW rendering: No
Force OpenGL: No
quit when done: No
21:49:56 [INF][ WBContext]: WbContext::init
21:49:58 [INF][ grt]: Scanning module directory C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Application Data\MySQL\Workbench\modules.
21:49:58 [INF][ grt]: Scanning module directory ..
21:49:58 [INF][ ]: Trying to load module '.\db.grt.dll' (cpp)
21:49:58 [INF][ ]: Trying to load module '.\db.mysql.grt.dll' (cpp)
21:49:58 [INF][ ]: Trying to load module '.\db.mysql.query.grt.dll' (cpp)
21:49:58 [INF][ ]: Trying to load module '.\db.mysql.sqlide.grt.dll' (cpp)
21:49:58 [INF][ ]: Trying to load module '.\db.mysql.sqlparser.grt.dll' (cpp)
21:49:58 [INF][ ]: Trying to load module '.\forms.grt.dll' (cpp)
21:49:58 [INF][ ]: Trying to load module '.\wb.model.grt.dll' (cpp)
21:49:58 [INF][ ]: Trying to load module '.\wb.mysql.import.grt.dll' (cpp)
21:49:58 [INF][ ]: Trying to load module '.\wb.utils.native.grt.dll' (cpp)
21:49:59 [INF][ grt]: Scanning module directory C:\Program Files\MySQL\MySQL Workbench 5.2 CE/modules.
21:49:59 [INF][ ]: Trying to load module 'C:\Program Files\MySQL\MySQL Workbench 5.2 CE/modules\catalog_utils.grt.lua' (lua)
21:49:59 [INF][ ]: Initialized Lua module C:\Program Files\MySQL\MySQL Workbench 5.2 CE/modules\catalog_utils.grt.lua (WbUtils)
21:49:59 [INF][ ]: Trying to load module 'C:\Program Files\MySQL\MySQL Workbench 5.2 CE/modules\code_utils_grt.py' (python)
21:49:59 [INF][ ]: Trying to load module 'C:\Program Files\MySQL\MySQL Workbench 5.2 CE/modules\db_copy_grt.py' (python)
21:50:00 [INF][ ]: Trying to load module 'C:\Program Files\MySQL\MySQL Workbench 5.2 CE/modules\db_generic_migration_grt.py' (python)
21:50:00 [INF][ ]: Trying to load module 'C:\Program Files\MySQL\MySQL Workbench 5.2 CE/modules\db_generic_re_grt.py' (python)
21:50:00 [INF][ ]: Trying to load module 'C:\Program Files\MySQL\MySQL Workbench 5.2 CE/modules\db_mssql_grt.py' (python)
21:50:00 [INF][ ]: Trying to load module 'C:\Program Files\MySQL\MySQL Workbench 5.2 CE/modules\db_mssql_migration_grt.py' (python)
21:50:00 [INF][ ]: Trying to load module 'C:\Program Files\MySQL\MySQL Workbench 5.2 CE/modules\db_mysql_fe_grt.py' (python)
21:50:00 [INF][ ]: Trying to load module 'C:\Program Files\MySQL\MySQL Workbench 5.2 CE/modules\db_mysql_migration_grt.py' (python)
21:50:00 [INF][ ]: Trying to load module 'C:\Program Files\MySQL\MySQL Workbench 5.2 CE/modules\db_mysql_re_grt.py' (python)
21:50:00 [INF][ ]: Trying to load module 'C:\Program Files\MySQL\MySQL Workbench 5.2 CE/modules\db_postgresql_migration_grt.py' (python)
21:50:00 [INF][ ]: Trying to load module 'C:\Program Files\MySQL\MySQL Workbench 5.2 CE/modules\db_postgresql_re_grt.py' (python)
21:50:00 [INF][ ]: Trying to load module 'C:\Program Files\MySQL\MySQL Workbench 5.2 CE/modules\db_sql92_migration_grt.py' (python)
21:50:00 [INF][ ]: Trying to load module 'C:\Program Files\MySQL\MySQL Workbench 5.2 CE/modules\db_sql92_re_grt.py' (python)
21:50:00 [INF][ ]: Trying to load module 'C:\Program Files\MySQL\MySQL Workbench 5.2 CE/modules\db_sybase_migration_grt.py' (python)
21:50:00 [INF][ ]: Trying to load module 'C:\Program Files\MySQL\MySQL Workbench 5.2 CE/modules\db_sybase_re_grt.py' (python)
21:50:00 [INF][ ]: Trying to load module 'C:\Program Files\MySQL\MySQL Workbench 5.2 CE/modules\migration_grt.py' (python)
21:50:00 [INF][ ]: Trying to load module 'C:\Program Files\MySQL\MySQL Workbench 5.2 CE/modules\sqlide_grt.py' (python)
21:50:00 [INF][ ]: Trying to load module 'C:\Program Files\MySQL\MySQL Workbench 5.2 CE/modules\table_utils_grt.py' (python)
21:50:00 [INF][ ]: Trying to load module 'C:\Program Files\MySQL\MySQL Workbench 5.2 CE/modules\text_grt.py' (python)
21:50:00 [INF][ ]: Trying to load module 'C:\Program Files\MySQL\MySQL Workbench 5.2 CE/modules\wb_admin_grt.py' (python)
21:50:03 [INF][ ]: Trying to load module 'C:\Program Files\MySQL\MySQL Workbench 5.2 CE/modules\wb_bug_report_grt.py' (python)
21:50:04 [INF][ ]: Trying to load module 'C:\Program Files\MySQL\MySQL Workbench 5.2 CE/modules\wb_dev_utils_grt.py' (python)
21:50:04 [INF][ ]: Trying to load module 'C:\Program Files\MySQL\MySQL Workbench 5.2 CE/modules\wb_doclib_grt.py' (python)
21:50:04 [INF][ ]: Trying to load module 'C:\Program Files\MySQL\MySQL Workbench 5.2 CE/modules\wb_query_analysis_grt.py' (python)
21:50:04 [INF][ ]: Trying to load module 'C:\Program Files\MySQL\MySQL Workbench 5.2 CE/modules\wb_utils_grt.py' (python)
21:50:05 [INF][ grt]: Scanning module directory C:\Program Files\MySQL\MySQL Workbench 5.2 CE.
21:50:05 [INF][ ]: Trying to load module 'C:\Program Files\MySQL\MySQL Workbench 5.2 CE\db.mysql.diff.reporting.wbp.dll' (cpp)
21:50:05 [INF][ ]: Trying to load module 'C:\Program Files\MySQL\MySQL Workbench 5.2 CE\db.mysql.editors.wbp.be.dll' (cpp)
21:50:05 [INF][ ]: Trying to load module 'C:\Program Files\MySQL\MySQL Workbench 5.2 CE\db.mysql.wbp.dll' (cpp)
21:50:05 [INF][ ]: Trying to load module 'C:\Program Files\MySQL\MySQL Workbench 5.2 CE\wb.model.editors.wbp.be.dll' (cpp)
21:50:05 [INF][ ]: Trying to load module 'C:\Program Files\MySQL\MySQL Workbench 5.2 CE\wb.model.snippets.wbp.dll' (cpp)
21:50:05 [INF][ ]: Trying to load module 'C:\Program Files\MySQL\MySQL Workbench 5.2 CE\wb.printing.wbp.be.dll' (cpp)
21:50:08 [INF][ WBContext]: System info:
MySQL Workbench CE for Windows version 5.2.47 revision 10398
Configuration Directory: C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Application Data\MySQL\Workbench
Data Directory: C:\Program Files\MySQL\MySQL Workbench 5.2 CE
Cairo Version: 1.8.8
OS: Microsoft Windows Server 2003 R2, Standard Edition Service Pack 2 (build 3790)
CPU: 2x x86 Family 6 Model 7 Stepping 3 598, 1.0 GiB RAM
Active video adapter ATI Technologies Inc. 3D RAGE IIC AGP
Installed video RAM: 2 MB
Current video mode: 1152 x 864 x 65536 colors
Used bit depth: 16
Driver version: 5.2.3677.0
Installed display drivers: atiraged.dll
Current user language: English (United States)

21:50:08 [INF][ Workbench]: UI is up
21:50:12 [INF][ Workbench]: Running the application
21:51:08 [INF][ SSH tunnel]: Starting tunnel
21:51:09 [ERR][ SqlEditor]: Can't restore LastDefaultSchema (usfulllist): Unknown database 'usfulllist'Can't restore LastDefaultSchema (usfulllist): Unknown database 'usfulllist'Launching SQL IDE
IamJim

Return to XAMPP for Windows