MySQL will not Start

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

MySQL will not Start

Postby Nasho23 » 11. December 2013 04:32

I am running Win7 64bit Ultimate and have installed XAMPP 3.2.1 to L:\XAMPP\. When I open Control Panel as Administrator, all items start except SQL. It tries to start the Service and that is as far as it gets. I have deleted the SQL Service that was running from LINUX on L:. When I try to Start MySQL from Windows it says it cannot find the File. When opening Control Panel with Administrator Privileges, do these privileges get passed to MySQL also??????
Why can't these Packages be designed to Install and Configure themselves, so that Novices like myself do not encounter these types of problems?????

I have read a lot about this problem but have not yet found a simple straight forward answer to solve it. Can someone please provide the answers I need to get MySQL up and running.
Thank You.
Nasho23

Operating System: WIN 7 64bit Ultimate

Re: MySQL will not Start

Postby JJ_Tagy » 11. December 2013 04:44

Usually the control panel window and error logs will give big hints as to what is happening.
JJ_Tagy

XAMPP version: 5.5.15
Operating System: Windows 10 Pro x64

Re: MySQL will not Start

Postby Nasho23 » 11. December 2013 05:40

Thank you.
This problem is now resolved. It is being run without the SQL Service, by changing the Config File and renaming MySQL to MySQL2 with Port 3306.
Nasho23

Operating System: WIN 7 64bit Ultimate

Return to XAMPP for Windows